• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What Companies are Manufacturing/Selling Elevate Kits?

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
The more I read about elevate kits, the more I want to try one (if the snow would just show up). I would be elevating a 2015 Proclimb with a dropped drive shaft with belt drive. I know Barcode and Ice-Age make them. Is there anyone else making them? What's the same and different about each? Is one preferable to the others? How about pricing? Does one need a front and rear elevate kit or just longer spindles? Do the shocks need to be updated as well? I would think once several start selling the kits the prices would drop a least a little. What's out there that I'm missing?

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Bdx ssi Does and mtn side products will be releasing something but no date at this time.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Thanks for the response AK. I remember some new companies were working on manufacturing them but, I wondered if maybe they had been released and I may have missed it.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Ice age: most comprehensive kit, raises front end 2", raises skid 3/4". Looks like the best thought out. pricey but get stronger rails out of the deal $1800
BDX: 1.5" front end lift, need to use their weird a-arm relocation thing, half the price of ice age, nothing done to skid: $900
mtnside products: doesn't exist yet. just talked about on their instagram. 1.5" front end lift, no skid component, $who knows on pricing
Arctic Cat riot spindles: 1.5" lift, put skis at weird angle, probably messes up handling. $whatever your AC hookup says it is

that's what I know

Last edited:

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
yeah, been covered before but fwiw Skinz front end raises the front. one of the O.G.s of the game. looks intriguing to me. nice looking spindles. SnoWest put one on the project sled '17 mountain cat couple years ago. I believe one of the testers said they weren't too sure about it. pushes the wheelbase out a bit like the barcode kit (also an option). this I believe is a band-aid way to make a sled pull over easier which isn't needed on 16+ front end imo.
I think aftermarket skis could easily take this game over too. Theres room for a spacer between the saddle and the ski on a few of them. Maybe someday we will be able to adjust height to our liking this way, just like the ski stance spacers. There you go cat, free idea for ya.

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
Getting my BDX spindles on Wednesday, and will be riding on the weekend. Will post results and pics. My skid is already dropped which made a huge difference.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Thank guys! That's the info I was looking for!
Just a thought:
It would be interesting to buy a front end kit and lower the rear skid by drilling a hole 1" below the stock holes and adding a reinforcement bracket.
You could have an elevate for under $1,000. The rail profile may not be optimal but with a anti stab kit and the stock rails it should be OK?
I'm sure there's a lot of reasons why to NOT do that but, has anyone tried it?

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington

Here you go!

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest

Here you go!

The Riot uses the snowX based spindles for increased height etc...., but the RiotX just utilizes the standard mountain spindle I believe. The standard mountain spindle looks much better imho.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Niner, any updates on this topic?
I am installing the Barcode kit right now and we'll see how much that raises the sled once I am done.
Now, I am wondering once my sled is raised the 1 1/2" claimed, perhaps adding someones raised spindles or multi height ski mounts might be worth playing with next?

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
We have elevate kits back in stock and more coming down the line!

This means when you order, most cases will ship the same day.

We've had a ton of happy customers enjoying theirs this winter and are working our butts off the keep these available for those excited to enhance the abilities of their Cat's!

Premium Features