• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What changes are you making heading in to the 2021-2022 season?

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
The TSS QS3 works very well , I ran last season for a month

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
C3 heated bars, Voyager Pro gps, Pro Circuit Ti6 exhaust with carbon tip, and seriously giving thought to a Selkirk armour system..
Pretty chuffed to see some snow!

mumur

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2019
Bozeman, Montana
Oh man, jealous of the heated bars. I bought electric ones but my stator isn't beefy enough. I'd love to do the Selkirk too... more consistent temps would be so nice. The PST blanket is great, but I can never keep the bike cool enough on the trail, even with it pulled down halfway.

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Oh man, jealous of the heated bars. I bought electric ones but my stator isn't beefy enough. I'd love to do the Selkirk too... more consistent temps would be so nice. The PST blanket is great, but I can never keep the bike cool enough on the trail, even with it pulled down halfway.
Something is not right. Cooling system on the bike should work just fine with the rads alone to keep it cool. Are your rads iced over when you get on the trail? Are you running any kind of rad blockers in the powder? We run completely enclosed engine covers and have no issues. We do run rad blockers and cycle them in and out as needed to keep temps right in range. If you keep your rads clear the bike should be fine, the engine blankets do not keep enough heat in while you are moving to contribute to overheating.

mumur

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2019
Bozeman, Montana
Something is not right. Cooling system on the bike should work just fine with the rads alone to keep it cool. Are your rads iced over when you get on the trail? Are you running any kind of rad blockers in the powder? We run completely enclosed engine covers and have no issues. We do run rad blockers and cycle them in and out as needed to keep temps right in range. If you keep your rads clear the bike should be fine, the engine blankets do not keep enough heat in while you are moving to contribute to overheating.
Generally nope to iced over in the instances I'm talking about, yes to rad blockers. Thermobob Tstat temp gage just to pre-empt that one. The rad blockers + blanket are enough to keep my temps up on most above 0F powder days, but even with them removed and no ice I'll overheat on the trail when I have to go slow on trips with new snowmobilers. Some freezing mist days I'm sure the rads do get iced over as I'm riding the trail.

I'd love to fully rad delete and use heat exchangers, just to not **** with them anymore. Even on days where things are working well it's annoying as hell to be knocking ice off and swapping rad blockers around. I only haven't so far because I've got no fabbing experience to rig something up, and haven't found anyone selling something that'd for sure fit my CMX kit.

S
Mar 14, 2019
New 2020 yz450f (replaced the 2019)
Staying with the ARO3 velocity kit which worked awesome last year.

New this year -
RP Race straight back exhaust
Switched from PR2 to C3/PLX tunes
Selkirk Engine armor to replace the SxS snow shied
Updated aluminum dock for voyager pro

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
New 2020 yz450f (replaced the 2019)
Staying with the ARO3 velocity kit which worked awesome last year.

New this year -
RP Race straight back exhaust
Switched from PR2 to C3/PLX tunes
Selkirk Engine armor to replace the SxS snow shied
Updated aluminum dock for voyager pro
Have you gotten your Selkirk kit yet? Reasin I ask is, I've just placed my order (no snow for weeks yet so no biggie) but the instructions say to remove the stock plastic rad guards.
I have Devol Ind. rad guard setup, and id reeeaallllyyyy like to keep them in place.. are aftermarket rad guards something that can be utilized still, with the Selkirk? Any mods I should be asking for? the order literally only went in a day or two ago...
thanks in advance !

I
Apr 7, 2012
The old kawi 450 does his job but during spring riding I had terrible heating issues so now I’m waiting for a tunnel cooler from C3 for my Yeti I’m really stoked on this upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T
Dec 15, 2020
WA
The old kawi 450 does his job but during spring riding I had terrible heating issues so now I’m waiting for a tunnel cooler from C3 for my Yeti I’m really stoked on this upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hit 218* last spring pulling a long climb WOT zig zagging with both covers folded down, just not enough speed. I thought about this option, but blew my budget going with a whole new kit so I rigged up a 5800RPM fan on the one rad, hopefully it will help, it really moves the air. Maybe next year this will be something I do also.

Premium Features