• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what camera?

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
What are you guys using, I ha e been using my phone but this new Droid razr gets foggy behind the lens. My old Droid x did not? They both have great lenses. The razr shoots 1080 pixel video and the x had an 8 MP camera

If I were going to buy an actual camera I would want the best. So what is it?

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
dem

Here's a dogged over pic to feel my pain

Here is a clear pic
2012-02-07_14-30-52_148.jpg

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
I really would love a DSLR, but keep fighting with lugging it around and getting worried about it surviving.

3 or 4 years ago I bought a Olympus Stylus that is shockproof/waterproof/etc. It was one of the first out there that was waterproof and shockproof. That little camera has taken close to 9000 pictures now and hasn't skipped a beat. It doesn't have the quality of a DSLR, but for my intents and purposes, it's really not far off. Much to my surprise in the time I've owned it, the camera battery performance really hasn't dropped off too much. Great camera and would buy another over again. Although the Nikon D3100 has really caight my eye over the last year or so.

H

hiflight

Dec 5, 2007
Idaho
DSLR

I picked up a used Sony A390 a couple of months ago, great camera, however there is no video with this unit.

BigT

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sequim, WA
Picked up a Cannon T2i a couple weeks ago. Love the pic quality. Very likely going with the pelican case on the tunnel as well. We use pelican cases at work (fire department) and they hold up extremely well. Securing it to the tunnel will take a little fab work but nothing too difficult.
BigT

A

AkLogan

Nov 26, 2007
Kenai, Alaska
i have a t2i and i basically just toss it in to my bag with gloves around it and have taken multiple crashes and tumbles and it is still chugging along as new. they are not as fragile as you might think.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
snap speed

What kind of camera is going to have the quickest snap to snap speed? Seems like the four different ones I have had over the years you have to time the shot just right to get a good photo. And you only get one out of each try. I want one like you see reporters with in the movies haha clickclickclickclick

D
Feb 28, 2011
BC, Canada
What kind of camera is going to have the quickest snap to snap speed? Seems like the four different ones I have had over the years you have to time the shot just right to get a good photo. And you only get one out of each try. I want one like you see reporters with in the movies haha clickclickclickclick

Most DSLRs these days can shoot multiple shots per second. Scratch that, I think they all can. Not sure about point and shoots though.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I bought the D5100 from Nikon, it takes some great shots although I haven't used it for sledding yet. Too scared to break it after what it cost. LOL

A

AkLogan

Nov 26, 2007
Kenai, Alaska

Sony has one of there cameras around the $1000 mark that shots 10FPS so 10 pictures a second in sequence mode. my T2i shoots 3.7FPS not sure i fell this is plenty fast enough. but to each there own.

S

snopro176

Nov 27, 2007
Yuba City,CA
dont forget the Sony NEX series. I have the nex 5 and love it. Look at the specs,compare it to the t3i,it beats it in sensor size as well as a few other categories. Its a small frame dslr.

King o the Hill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Long Beach, Ca
www.teamsummit.net
well something near and dear to me. I use a canon 40D and 7D.... one or the other and have no problem having more than I need to survive and enjoy the opportunities. I had no formal photography training but managed to squeek out some good shots! I use a 70-300mm AF (auto focus) IS (image stabilized) f4.5 and a 10-50mm wide angle f3.0 IS AF and plenty of room for everything. I use a Dakine backpack and wrap the body and lens in my extra gloves. It is a ti body and resistant to temp changes of 20 below to 120 with no probs. The 7D shoots 8.5 frames/sec with a fast processing memory card and I will add a shot or 2 for illusration... had a couple recent ones make "picture of the week".... They make the best memories of your trips and EVERYBODY loves an office wall shot LOL! Always open for questions. The 7D takes amazing 1080P HD video as well and has quickly become a body of chioce for videographers.... shoot em up and get more shots on the site!

Below left to right are some of my Snowest riding bros.... Scott Mulbach, Ryan Willitz, Grant Yoder, Ed Tomasic and hoops more on other sites and publications.....

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
S
Oct 9, 2010
I have a Nikon D3100 and im very pleased with it so far, I mainly chose it over other entry level cameras because of its ability to take videos in 1080. I'm still learning how to use it but it still takes great photos with a retard behind the button:rockon:

Premium Features