• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What Av. Bag do I want

SnowBigDeal

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2003
Mt. Pleasant, UT
www.snowbigdeal.com
I like the ABS Escape freeride, but the one I like the best is the Vario line. The reason I like the vario is because you can have the flexibility to have multiple size packs without the expense of buyin multiple airbag backpacks. With the Vario, you buy a base unit which has the airbags. You then can purchase different zip-on packs depending on what size you need.
The vario currently has a 15L, 30L, and 50L size zip-on backpacks that fit on the base unit. In the future there will also be other sizes that will zip on to the base unit.

We carry the Vario pack in multiple colors and all the Escape line in multiple different colors (rather than just one choice of black w/ yellow).

You can check out the vario and other airbags at: http://www.snowbigdeal.com/servlet/the-ABS-Airbags/Categories

If you buy your airbag from us, and you deploy it due to an avalanche, we have a form you can fill out, send some pictures, and we will send you a replacement canister for free!

B
Sep 15, 2003
Shr. Wyoming
Bag Size

Are all the air bags the same size does the rider size matter? The cubit foot rating is just the storage size, correct?

Thanks to all for the advice!!

Brian:D

D

DARKO

Nov 21, 2007
Kelowna, BC.
The Vario is a one size fits all frame with 3 different size bags you can buy depending on how much stuff you carry. Go Vario! :D

Vario got even better, 4 sizes now.

Freeride lite 10L, 15L, 30L, and 45L. And with the Vario you get lots of seperate pockets, i have the 30L Vario and there 5 seperate stoage zip pockets. I wouldnt be suprised to see the other Escapes go away in a year or 2, even for resale, everyones going to want the versatility of the Vario.

All smiles here.

FirstPlaceParts

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Mina, SD
www.FirstPlaceParts.com
Here is my thought. I don't carry the Vario line but look at that pack size vs the freeride. The escape 15 and 30 are the same size but if you want a small pack the freeride is the pack you want.

You still have room for goggles, gloves, shovel, handle, probe, and a few other items in the freeride. How much stuff you you really want in your pack.

You can see all 3 sizes and make your mind up at www.FirstPlaceParts.com

Thanks
Mark

SnowBigDeal

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2003
Mt. Pleasant, UT
www.snowbigdeal.com
I agree that if you are looking for the smallest pack that has an airbag, the Escape Freeride will be your best bet. However, if you want the flexibility of having an airbag with multiple size packs available to you without having to buy a whole new airbag, the Vario is the way to go.

Freeride = small & light
Vario = Flexibility for now & future

Premium Features