• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

West Yellowstone - New Off Trail Riders

jlombard

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2018
Heading to West next Saturday with 3 couples. I would consider myself a intermediate off trail rider, the rest of the group doesn't have much experience off trail but do have lots of trail riding time with occasional power play in meadows and such. Everyone has expressed a desire to try some off trail so I am looking for areas that would be good to give them their first taste but not so deep that they have a bad experience. We will be on rented RMK 600- 144's. I have been out to west before and am familiar with two tops and south plateau, just not sure if I want to spend the day digging people out or not. Just looking for other trails we can head down that might offer areas more suited to beginners.

Thanks for the input.

papafinger1

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2007
minnesota
Will be in town Monday night. Hoping the forecast hold and dumps big and everyone saves some fresh for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlombard

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2018
Looking like it will be a great weekend!!!!

From 5:00pm MST, Wed Feb 5 until 5:00am MST, Fri Feb 7

Action Recommended: Make preparations per the instructions
Issued by: Great Falls - MT, US, National Weather Service,

...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE THURSDAY NIGHT... * WHAT...HEAVY SNOW POSSIBLE. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 12 INCHES AT LOWER ELEVATIONS AND 12 TO 24 INCHES IN THE MOUNTAINS. WINDS COULD GUST AS HIGH AS 40 MPH. * WHERE...GALLATIN, BEAVERHEAD AND MADISON. * WHEN...FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE THURSDAY NIGHT. * IMPACTS...TRAVEL COULD BE DIFFICULT. WIDESPREAD BLOWING SNOW COULD SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCE VISIBILITY. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS FOR UPDATES ON THIS SITUATION. &&

Premium Features