• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Went to Harts Pass Thursday!!

D

Dustin_R

Jan 11, 2010
Washington
Harts Pass was killer!!! 30"+ and sunny! I have pictures on the other site and it took way to long to upload them, I cant do that again! But heres the story and a couple video links. If someone knows how to copy the pictures from there to here feel free to do so.

Harts Pass breakdown:

Epic!!!!!!!! Wow, what a start to the season! Went over to break in the sled and it was way more that we had expected. It was dumping on the pass going over Wednesday night (1') so we had a little bit of hope there would be enough snow to ride the roads. Was I wrong! It was my first time there so excuse my lack of knowledge regarding where we were. We parked at the last "wide open" spot before a sharp 90 left. There was one other truck there and us. Sweet! We rode for a but stoked that there was 16" on the road, little did we know it got sweet a few miles up the road. At the Y we went left first towards the campground, it was our first "powder" of the year and it was killer! granted the base was grass and some rocks but whatever, its not even Thanksgiving. We rode there for about an hour, goofing off and screaming like little girls (seriously). Then the guys from the other truck came around the corner and told us to keep going, it got better. We headed up the road alittle bit and it opened to a meadow with a small hill. Wow, no b.s, it had to be 3'. We played there for another hour, still whooping it up then headed back to the Y for lunch. We decided to go around the corner past a guard shack of some sort and then cut back behind it, again this is our first time there so I dont know exactly where I was. Another f*ing wow! Wide open, hardley tracked up and DEEP (32"+)! It just keeps going back deeper into the mountain. We rode there for another 2.5 hours and couldnt believe it! Then my buddys dragon started to crap out so we headed back to the truck, ended up being a voltage regulator. On a side note, I'm impressed with the new sled, the e-tec is still being broke in but it handled great, had plenty of power, and exceeded my expectations for a brand new sled. So thats the story, spelling probally sucks but I'm still jacked about the day! Took as many pictures and vid's as I could while still getting some seat time in. Sorry about the commentary and the shaky pics, it was a cell phone.

Dustin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sMPQgERAbw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAW8PAB_q7s

D

Dustin_R

Jan 11, 2010
Washington
no_uh, its nice to be 2.5 hours away! But when the they close 20 for good its not a fun drive!

ryan_625, there was no base :) You had to be careful (lucky) not to hit anything, this was our first time there so we tried to stay in places that looked somewhat legit. Once we got back behind the guard shack it seemed pretty decent without to many boulders. But it was worth it!

Premium Features