• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Well this doesn't help....

skicopper

Premium Member
Apr 10, 2014
I can’t defend the actions of these people riding independence pass in the summer. However, what I would like to say is oddly enough I care very little about this story and I’ll tell you why. These so called “environmentalists” have been closing more and more terrain to snowmobile use every year. Colorado for example has far more Jeep trails available than snowmobile areas. No one seems to care about the environmental impact of a 5000 lbs vehicle with tires driving over land. Snowmobiles, when driven responsibly on snow have zero impact. I don’t care what the academics say, they cannot come up with one valid point of impact on the environment. And arguably snowmobiles are less intrusive on the environment than hikers building trails or bushwhacking through vegetation.

I’m sorry the feelings of these ecologists were hurt in the name of fun. If they really cared, they would be trying to ban all human use of this land, to include the environmental disaster that is the graded and paved asphalt road constructed right through the wilderness area on top of independence pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
If it was staged, that’d be the dumbest move ever. No life jackets, no guarantee plane isn’t gonna gonna turn upside down upon impact. It is doubtful this dork has any water egress training.

There are FAA flight rules exactly for this reason. In the event of engine failure, you have to be able to glide to land when over water. If he didn’t get to solid ground, he wasn’t following Faa rules or he panicked and lost situational awareness.

I suspect he messed up on the fuel tank selector and let the plane run out of fuel. He panicked, couldn’t calm himself down to go through engine failure procedures, if he even knew them and he crashed.

Pilots aren’t supposed to speculate on crashes but this guy is a dork. I’m speculating on this dummy. Here is a pic of a Beechcraft Bonanza fuel selector. Haha the Beechcraft failed to make it to the Beach!
c0867feefd54e1027fb7d6a4d29d2081.jpg

Last edited:

St. Hellens rider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2008
washington
D-Bag

Wow.. What a #$%^ing douche!!! Our community has enough land use battles though out our country. People like this inconsiderate jerk bring a negative spotlight to the issue. I hope everybody in the snowmobile community as well as any outdoor recreationist black balls this little SOB.

Premium Features