• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Weightlifting and snowmobiling

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
I recently got back into weightlifting after taking a year off....Really noticed it in my riding, things arent as easy as they use to be.

Im sure theres a few of you that also lift. Anything specific you do to cater to our sport outside of a standard workout?

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
Cycling. Keeps my cardio up, and leg strength. Everyday is leg day, and it's nice to get outside for a workout instead of being in a gym with a bunch of sweaty old men. For arms, I do P90x. Was really making a difference, and was really looking forward to this year till I got sidelined with an injury, then my fitness went to crap. Guess there's always next year.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

griffin86

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2008
Deadline, seated row, and bent upright row

I just got a Concept 2 rowing machine and it's awesome.

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
not a profesional

it all works,

dead lifts make me sore like nothing else.. that being a good thing .. not joint / ligament pain but muscle been thrashed thing. but imo its a more advanced movement at higher LBs , 8 - 12 months into consistent weekly lifting practice

overall the are just benefits from lifting. i would say though listen to your body, if you tear something doing something don't do that something

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Cycling. Keeps my cardio up, and leg strength. Everyday is leg day, and it's nice to get outside for a workout instead of being in a gym with a bunch of sweaty old men. For arms, I do P90x. Was really making a difference, and was really looking forward to this year till I got sidelined with an injury, then my fitness went to crap. Guess there's always next year.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
HEY! Leave me out of this!

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
I do a fair amount of lifting and if your new to lifting take it easy with weight on deadlifts that is where a lot of people hurt themselves with their egos. Make sure you have perfect form before increasing the weights past 135. You shouldn't need a belt to do that kind of weight and if you do you are probably doing something wrong.

A lot of people won't necessarily benefit from building muscle in the gym when it comes down to it. I think most of us(or maybe I am just speaking for myself) get winded before we actually get tired when digging because of the altitude difference. I do think that rows would probably help a lot because it is a cardio workout that also works your back a lot.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
Box jumps for balance jumping side to side, cardio and shoulders are key for riding keeping hydrated all week
face-icon-small-happy.gif

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Some good cardio and agility stuff. You look at all the top riders, they aren't massive guys, they are all fairly wirey but very toned for their size. The sled will move under its own power with ease, you just have to be on your game to pilot it. Stuff happens fast and you need to not be huffing and flopping around on your sled, otherwise you get stuck or hit things.

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
I am by no means new to lifting and I try to key In on the same body parts that get sore when riding... Was just curious what other guys do.... I tried 12oz curls for a year didn't help much but I got smarter as the night went on! (or so I thought)

K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
Agility and endurance are the two biggies. I also focus on body weight movements during the season to build on iron built strength and beach muscles for the off season.:face-icon-small-ton

B
Jul 15, 2020
I do weight lifting just for the purpose of staying fit, not to make it my only life goal. Doing variety of exercises is always a good way to keep overall body in shape. I'm used to do squats while doing exercises, it helps in improving the flexibility and balance of the body.

Premium Features