• I am getting worn out moving your "For sale" threads, including loosely veiled sales pitches for "How much is it worth) or Wanted to buy to the swapmeet.

I will no longer be moving them for you as I have been in the past.

Some days are 20 per day.

If I see it, it will get deleted.

I try to help you...please try to help me.

Thanks.
  • I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

Weight wearing into spider

jiggywiggy

Oct 7, 2019
Do I need a new spider? A whole new clutch (seems I can't buy them separately)? New weights? Bought this sled used at 2700 miles, haven't used it yet. New to the sport. All three of the weights are wearing; two of them on the right (as shown) and one is wearing on the left.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

o2bncamo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 7, 2009
wisconsin
New weights, you really need just the bushing. The damage to spider seems minimal.
The weight swings up and touches the spider because the bushing where the weight pivots is worn out.

jcrjet

Jan 20, 2009
Northern Utah
It's likely that clutch has never been serviced. Personally I would complete an entire rebuild for good measure, just so you know what you have.

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
When the weights start to get loose, add a single Comet shim on the thrust side, or if sloppy enough, add one to each side. New bushings are likely in your future too.

WPS washers.JPG

johnsonracing

Just ride
Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2010
Spanish Fork, UT
Weight wearing into the spider is normally caused by clutch weight bushings that are long overdue for replacement. It normally wears the roller abnormally at the same time. At this point If you only change the weight bushings or weight the new bushing will wear out prematurely because the roller is now worn abnormally. At minimum I would rebuild the entire clutch and have it ballanced for miles of problem free clutch operation.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
As mentioned, worn out bushings cause the weights to rock side to side and contact the spider. Doesn't make for smooth clutch action and will probably affect the balance. You might get away with just new bushings and shims, but if it were me, I'd send it somewhere for a full rebuild and balance. If the PO let the weights get that bad, it's pretty likely he didn't do much other maintenance – pretty good chance your rollers and buttons are worn too. The places that do good work are slammed this time of year, so I wouldn't delay if you can afford it. If you can manage that, you'll eliminate a huge potential problem area and likely extend the life of the motor too. Oh, and don't take it to a dealer, personal experience here...

jiggywiggy

Oct 7, 2019
I ended up buying new weights. Didn't want to deal with trying to get the bearings out, and the old weights were wearing a bit. Thanks for the advice everyone!