• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wedge CRC/GEN II bulkheads the same?

wrtmani

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Mt
Picked up a set of drop and roll plates that are supposed to be for a Wedge chassis. My sled is 1997 XLT RMK Xtra- 10 133 with the CRC "controlled roll center" front end--My question is are the bulkheads the same between this and the Gen-II bulkheads? These plates are partially marked and not completely cut or drilled. I have a Gen-II chassis with a Holz drop and roll that uses the Wedge chaincase and relocates the jackshaft inside the tunnel. I was wondering if I could use the plates already installed on the Gen-II chassis to pattern from? TIA!

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
I don't think the XLT got the extended case that the 700s and later Gen2s got. I could be wrong but its different part numbers when you look them up anyway.

Screenshot_20190801-215643[1].png Screenshot_20190801-215643[1].png

wrtmani

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Mt
They didn't, I was told several years ago by the fellow that used to have the Polaris dealership that the XLT's RMK's didn't get the longer chaincase...

It's sort of a dead issue for me, (I need to actually look at the stuff I've bought and squirreled away for forever before I start asking questions...the plates I have are actually ready to install--marked LH or RH side and have the holes already drilled for the chaincase, bearing flanges and an alignment hole on each one...I matched up the chaincase holes with the Wedge case I removed from the Gen II chassis)...

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
at least you have the better steering design. whatcha ya up to; giving an ol XLT some more go?
I love old wedge triples. still wanting a set of xcr800 rack 40s for my old ultra 159 if you come across any.

wrtmani

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Mt
Wanting to do a drop and roll and install a 144 xtra-lite skid I picked up a while back (there I go again...hoarding stuff for an "another day" project) to run a 144 Polaris track I bought...

Had a bit of a setback this spring healthwise, moving into a bigger mobile home on the same property over the next several weeks is going to take a lot of my time up.

It WILL happen, it'll be a good project for next summer for me and my oldest boy who's really been wanting his old man to teach him about riding...

Premium Features