• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WE vs Fox Float

CISC0

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2010
PNW=WA
Anyone know the weight difference between the 2 set ups ?

MDEVO

Chic Chocs Addicts
Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2011
Oshawa, ON,Canada
Not sure of the weight difference, but Performance of Floats overall is a bit exaggerated in my opinion. I didn’t notice a huge advantage, however I did not play too much with the Chamber rates as the air pump is a bit of a pain.
The lock out works great and a must on 155 for me so it is my main reason to upgrade.
I also prefer having 3 positions for the style of riding we do. It’s just easier.
I actually ordered the QS Zero Signature Version for my new sled, as I think its easier to adjust rate on the fly using a spring, and don’t need to carry a pump.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Pump is a PITA. Eleven seasons on multiple float setups. Love floats on the front - the progressive range can be setup soft for tip-in, but can take big hits before bottoming. Don't care how they corner on a trail - and can keep the stab bar in. Rears - meah, nothing special. QS lockout on rear is a great feature, float or not. Weight difference with lighter springs is meaningless, unless your CB, otherwise it's in your head.

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Didn't get the floats, but got the coil over and I definitely could tell the difference. Great shocks for the price

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Thinking about the Iceage Khaos conversion, guessing the QS lockout shocks would be the finishing touch to the kit?
Not a float fan, like others have said, air pump is a pita. Currently have Raptor Kinetics, but the lockout feature would be nice to "tame" the Khaos down if necessary..?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
The lockout is a VERY nice feature to have on a khaos, especially on a 155 length sled. Ive run that combo on my NA axys khaos for 2 seasons and loved having the lockout as an option. Opted to keep my stock khaos shocks in my 22 boost and I don't hate the WE shocks but i Definately miss lockout for making the thing go up when its time to get serious and climb out of something.

Premium Features