• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Water/Methanol injected Alpha?

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I didn’t want a fuel controller so I installed a dial-a-jet system using water/methanol.
The old schoolers might get a kick out of this system!65A2D0D2-8759-419E-BACD-08E0D659CCCF.jpeg

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Tried methanol and I think it cooled the cylinders too much. It would kinda bog when methanol was injected. I maybe coulda adjusted the amount of meth injected but I knew gas would work so that’s what I did. I get better fuel mileage as a bonus. Dial a jet for the win!

Last edited:

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Very cool setup, and too many "kids these days" jump to an expensive electronic solution when sometimes a cheap and effective mechanical system can do the trick just as well. I've got a similar idea for my old Porsche Turbo project - basically put a venturi in the intake track to inject water/meth under boost, with a pressurized reservoir of course. Is your setup just to allow higher compression, or are you packing a supercharger under there? For either case, it's a good option over burning expensive avgas or race gas.

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I did the dial-a-jet setup as I didn’t want an electronic fuel controller. I liked it cuz the fueling is more precise than electronic. I used the product before and had great results. The aftermarket pipe required extra fueling.

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I used boost juice so I’m not sure of the percentage.

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Very cool setup, and too many "kids these days" jump to an expensive electronic solution when sometimes a cheap and effective mechanical system can do the trick just as well. I've got a similar idea for my old Porsche Turbo project - basically put a venturi in the intake track to inject water/meth under boost, with a pressurized reservoir of course. Is your setup just to allow higher compression, or are you packing a supercharger under there? For either case, it's a good option over burning expensive avgas or race gas.
My setup was for aftermarket pipe that needs a bit more fuel.
Hey I really like your idea about the Venturi idea with the turbo. I’d love to see what you come up with. Think outside the box strategy is pretty cool!

Premium Features