• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

warning before you do business with Mmsports read this!

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I'm taking this from a point of being a business owner and everyone for there word.
Yes it is really easy to make assumptions and it appears that MM may have bent the guy. Do you guys know that is exactly what happened, the only one that truely knows that is MM himself. That is his issue if he knew it was bad.
Even if he said there is a possibility but he did not know it was damaged means you do business as usual.
Business is you refund when returned.
Now, personally, when returned I would get him the money asap, if it wasn't right away I throw some free stuff his way asap and try to help.
In consideration, like I said it was used and cheap. If you buy a used car and 3 days later you find something is very wrong, you bought it as is. Most dealers (smart dealers) help out with the problem. Or maybe refund the $$$$ but non would do it without having the car back so they can salvage what they can.

Further more, if he would have returned it, paypal would have refunded the money. I don't see the issue here other than cadmo didn't think before posting this.

I'm not really on either side here, I don't know the truth and I am going off of cadmo's statements and he is the one with a problem.

Let say he came on here and just asked what he should do, what would you say. Now consider all the factors and try not to make assumptions.

asuming he wants a turbo kit I would be for continuing to build the kit, if that means spending $200 and having new parts over used I prob would do that. But he says it needs more than the center so then I would ask what else can be worked out. The goal is a turbo kit, and there is some time to figure it out before snow fly's. But he assumed and got scared and decided he wanted money but didn't want to return the item. AND NO ONE REFUNDS WITHOUT THE ITEM IN HAND. That means the buck stops in Cadmo's court and then he posted on here, bad idea before settling.

As for
knuts82
sno_pro_racer
the bad rep shows you either miss understood or don't know business and the order of the facts are cadmo had options and he choose this route which cost both sides. If he would have just sent it back I would be on his side, but maybe a little more patient.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Wyo have you looked at the pic of the turbo? It was mis-represented in the ad. He never offered a full refund, at best it was a refund after he could come up with the funds. Seems pretty cut and dried. Cadmo your only real option is to send it back and wait for the money. He is not going to send you your money up front. Get ready for a long wait. You have been screwed, just don't know how bad until it's all over. Guy is out of business, he has nothing to lose but his honor and not sure he cares about that right now.

You should read a little more, he offered a full refund but would take time. Thats where I would have asked if he was going to throw in something extra for the time waiting. Or just sent it back and got my money through paypal.

Another assumption..... Is he out of business or not, that has not been confirmed.

Was it specified how much time it would take. "SOME TIME" could mean anything from a week to 6 months. It was not specified and most of you choose to assume it was forever. These are things one should clarify before loosing there sense.

Last edited:

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Whether the seller has money or not is irrelevant through paypal, the very reason you use them. ONCE THE TURBO IS SENT BACK, paypal would refund the money to cadmo, and THEN paypal would pursue seller as a collection agency. Seller and buyer live happier ever after.

Clarification, MMsports sold his Cat Dealership primarily due to cats flooring policy at the same time the other 11 dealers within three hours of me did.

He continues to do Turbo and Mod work on his own. I now drive 2.5 hours to his door for my aftermarket troubles, as well as his help selling and purchasing my sleds. I currently have him working on a deal for me as of this morning.

Yes, he does have a lot of friends on this forum, they come from good service and have been earned, not from screwing people over.
I quoted earlier, taken from the emails,where he offered a refund if the turbo was sent back. Paypal would have protected this, I do not know their time limitations.

There is a difference between a bad businessman and a uncooperative customer.

Yes, the Turbo is bad, Send it back, get your money.

FreeAgent

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2008
Holy good grief....this is still on going....Yikes! Cadmo I will throw you an offer I have lots of friends in the turbo industry if I can get my hands on a good used turbo and housing for cheap would you be interested? Kevin is not having a good go of things and I PERSONALLY know what it's like when your children are hurt or sick you don't think straight! Not saying I would do the same thing but not saying I wouldn't either if my kid was hurt. Priority in any parents life is first off your CHILDREN! Pm me if you want me start looking I can call in a few favors and I'm sure can round you up a nice Garrett cheap. Not making excuses for Mr Kevin but I GET where he is at I would like to help if I can so hit me up if you want some! Help that is ;)

Shell

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
And this is totally off topic but if MMsports has so many friends on this forum why aren't they doing a fund raiser for his kids medical bills? I don't even know the guy and I would throw in a hundo to help somebody with a sick kid out.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
And this is totally off topic but if MMsports has so many friends on this forum why aren't they doing a fund raiser for his kids medical bills? I don't even know the guy and I would throw in a hundo to help somebody with a sick kid out.

x2...i ask for a paypal account in this thread a page or two back...somewhere in here...no one came forward...i would throw in a hundred...i don;t care if cadmo eventually gets it,as long as it gets MM some breathing room..

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I cant imagine after reading FreeAgent's post why she has such a great reputation and is so highly regarded in the snowmobile forums by so many people in this sport.:face-icon-small-ton
It is nice to know that there are still people out there that are willing to lend a hand if they think they can help regardless of the situation. She is certainly a great asset to this sport. :hail:

Brian
Reno, Nevada

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
wyo its more about the misrepresentation of a product. If he is willing to misrepresent a product do you think he is above not returning the money?

S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
Wonder why that is,

Cadmo, if you paid full price and it was supposed to be new this would be different, then if the guy said he would get the money when he could over time. I would have still sent it back then got the money through paypal. Pretty simple. No need to bash on here other than state what happened after it was over with, simple and done. I don't care who you are and every single person that is actually in business knows you don't refund the money unless you get the item back.
But the fact is you bought USED, it was CHEAP and now you think you have rights as if new. Not to say you don't have rights, but it is different and should be dealt with different. If you would have sent it back and started the paypal process it would be done by now and over with.

Sorry for the bad rep, but you made it sound like since it is used the seller had the right to misrepresent the product and state the turbo only had 75 miles on it (seeing that it should then be in like new condition) and from hearing the bolts were only finger tight then seller should have already opened it up and inspected(therefore known about the damage) as don't think a turbo would run very long with finger tight bolts. Not saying the seller intentionally sold it knowing about the damage or sold it to make easy $$ to fund for bad times.
As for the refund thingy, the way I see it was buyer knew was offered refund and wasn't looking to get the $$ before sending the item back. But was only looking to set up a refund schedule first as he knew the seller didn't have the funds at the moment. Yes he was offered a refund at the start. But no contacts after that I would have done the same. I would have waited to return product until talked to seller and set up a way to get refunded be it one whole payment or in instalments. That way you don't get stuck with no product and no refund in the end.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
wyo its more about the misrepresentation of a product. If he is willing to misrepresent a product do you think he is above not returning the money?

Doesn't matter, send it back and get the money via paypal.

Sorry for the bad rep, but you made it sound like since it is used the seller had the right to misrepresent the product and state the turbo only had 75 miles on it (seeing that it should then be in like new condition) and from hearing the bolts were only finger tight then seller should have already opened it up and inspected(therefore known about the damage) as don't think a turbo would run very long with finger tight bolts. Not saying the seller intentionally sold it knowing about the damage or sold it to make easy $$ to fund for bad times.
As for the refund thingy, the way I see it was buyer knew was offered refund and wasn't looking to get the $$ before sending the item back. But was only looking to set up a refund schedule first as he knew the seller didn't have the funds at the moment. Yes he was offered a refund at the start. But no contacts after that I would have done the same. I would have waited to return product until talked to seller and set up a way to get refunded be it one whole payment or in instalments. That way you don't get stuck with no product and no refund in the end.

Misunderstanding then, I'm not about misrepresenting the item. But its a he said and he said type of thing and I am leaving out the assumptions, going off what cadmo said. Then factoring in it was used not new, if sold as new it would be cut and dry simple. So from there, like said, you send it back and get the money through paypal. Cut and dry.

I would throw some $$ at it for MM if he pays me back with $$ or services. But sense it has been drug out like this and damage has been done to his rep I would not be very likely myself to want to do anything for someone that did the same.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
willikers....a 69 year old bus monitor can get 700 grand for being called fat by kids and this can;t get resolved.......

must be close to end times...

C

cadmo

Jan 25, 2009
Calgary, Alberta, canada
I'm just going off of what was in your first post, and it does say that if you returned it he would refund the money. Is that correct or not.

Technically yes you are correct if you go just by the first email. But..... it was the phone calls and communication through paypal following that first email that a full refund was no longer an option.

C

cadmo

Jan 25, 2009
Calgary, Alberta, canada
Wonder why that is,

Cadmo, if you paid full price and it was supposed to be new this would be different, then if the guy said he would get the money when he could over time. I would have still sent it back then got the money through paypal. Pretty simple. No need to bash on here other than state what happened after it was over with, simple and done. I don't care who you are and every single person that is actually in business knows you don't refund the money unless you get the item back.
But the fact is you bought USED, it was CHEAP and now you think you have rights as if new. Not to say you don't have rights, but it is different and should be dealt with different. If you would have sent it back and started the paypal process it would be done by now and over with.

How should price matter? What matters is how the item was advertised/ represented.

What if i sold you a tunnel and bulkhead I’ve got laying around as ready to bolt on in good condition and when you receive it, its bent to hel!.

I get to say to you it’s used and you got it cheap, too bad for you???

C

cadmo

Jan 25, 2009
Calgary, Alberta, canada
Holy good grief....this is still on going....Yikes! Cadmo I will throw you an offer I have lots of friends in the turbo industry if I can get my hands on a good used turbo and housing for cheap would you be interested? Kevin is not having a good go of things and I PERSONALLY know what it's like when your children are hurt or sick you don't think straight! Not saying I would do the same thing but not saying I wouldn't either if my kid was hurt. Priority in any parents life is first off your CHILDREN! Pm me if you want me start looking I can call in a few favors and I'm sure can round you up a nice Garrett cheap. Not making excuses for Mr Kevin but I GET where he is at I would like to help if I can so hit me up if you want some! Help that is ;)

Shell

Thank you very much Michelle, it’s been a pleasure purchasing from you before and your offer just further goes to show what a stand up person you are.
But you shouldn’t have to cover for someone else, screwing me.
But thank you none the less

C

cadmo

Jan 25, 2009
Calgary, Alberta, canada

Yes exactly,
At the start I was pissed and said I wanted the money first but after calming down an hour later and talking on the phone with Kevin after the first emails. I know as a sales manager myself for all of western Canada for an international company, wanting the money first is not reasonable.

But… not sending the turbo back because we couldn’t come to an agreement for a refund amount is well within my rights and not unreasonable.

Just as I said before and sno mo racer stated, what if I send it back when we can’t come to an agreement. Then all I’m left with is no turbo, no money or very little. That would be extremely dumb on my part.

C

cadmo

Jan 25, 2009
Calgary, Alberta, canada
As I’ve been busy running a business I wanted to reply to the above posts before I posted this.

Paypal has made a decision; they favored me.

I will be getting a refund and instructed me to now return the turbo kit. Upon being notified I shipped it back an hour later.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Glad to hear everything for the most part get resolved.

Now can we just get some snow please!!!!!

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I didn't catch anything in reading that the refund was no longer an option and just thought he was looking for another solution.
The info provided was very limited and not to clear. You never posted anything to my knowledge of what was advertised other than it was used, that would have been good info. ???
either way, my point is still you should have done all this paypal stuff first then posted on it if you feel the need, not this way. Now its confusing what all has happened and both of you have lost cred. IMO

Glad its done.

C

cadmo

Jan 25, 2009
Calgary, Alberta, canada
In the ad for the turbo kit on post #11 http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299684
You advertised it as “might have 75 miles” one would think that with only 75 miles it would be in as new condition and now have severe non usable damage to it.

In my very first post i had the link on it so everyone could see the add.

I did start the Paypal claim in August before any of this was put on SW, was getting no where with kevin through paypal, Then and only then did i decide to post what happened.

Premium Features