• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Walker Evans IFS Rebuild Kits

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
Anyone rebuild their IFS WE Clickers shocks ? I have heard of FOX replacement internals working well with a reshim, but I am unable to find a parts source, and Walker Evans website leaves a lot to be desired.
Being in Canada and the exchange, shipping to Carl's or elsewhere is not in my budget. Thanks.WE.jpg

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
Being in Canada and the exchange, shipping to Carl's or elsewhere is not in my budget.
I haven't rebuilt them myself, but had my WE shocks done by RMR this fall here in Canada, BC. Still not that cheap, but they did a great job and fast turn around. The guy, Rod, was responsive and knows his stuff.

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
I had him valve the shocks according to the specs that @TRS has posted on here. The shocks feel fantastic now, but honestly I had been running a blown front track shock, and the others were well over due for service. So I can't really give a good back to back comparison.... but yeah, TRS valving spec not RMR's anyhow.

C
Feb 10, 2019
Saskatchewan
Curtis @ RG3 in Saskatoon will make them perform for you.
Give him your geared up weight, sled specs, terrain you ride and aggressiveness and dont pump yourself up to being a whoop master or backcountry god if you truly are not, be honest with your riding abilities and you will have hands down the best setup for you and you only.

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
Thanks Chadw90, I just tore them down and replaced the oil to get me throught this next trip. Both shafts bent lol, but got them straightened out pretty good. Nitrogen was mostly mixed in with the oil, but not bad for 3600 miles of all mtn riding. Going to order up a rebuild kit and just looking for the Fox valve and possible shim stack changes.

shock.jpg

Premium Features