• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Voyager Pro install with C3 wrap around handguards

O
Feb 25, 2019
Hey guys. After the last few winters using my VPro in the backcountry, I’ve come to see it as an essential tool for exploring on my snowbike (2015 500EXC). I‘m thinking about adding C3 heated bars w/ their forcefield wrap around hand guards and one piece top plate mount.

I’m curious if anyone has a VPro installed with the forcefield guards and one piece top mount. Pics would be appreciated, I’m trying to figure out if/how to mount the VPro securely before I make the purchase decision....thanks!

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Here's my set up. I made an intermediate plate to go between the C3 switch mount (black) and the 4 bolt pattern for the VP dock. The VP ends up nice and close to the top clamp, tucked in right behind the light.
m7.jpgm1.jpgm3.jpgm5.jpgm6.jpg

O
Feb 25, 2019
Awesome, thanks for posting! This gives me some great ideas for setting up my snowbike...much appreciated. I will post pics when it’s done

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Timely! I just removed the Voyager that I loved and ran last year as I have a Voyager Pro laying here to mount. Have several ideas that are similar, but come from the front rather than rear. Last year I used a piece of 1/8" thick angle aluminum between the c3 top clamp and where the c3 hanguards bolt into the top lamp. On that angle aluminum, which angled forward rather than rearward, I mounted my cyclops light. It worked great. So was going to bend a 1/8" thick, 6" wide aluminum plate in the same way and run it backwards as a mount. Still thinking it through. I did get the billet protector for the VP. I learned the hard way last year on my non-pro voyager and so ended up buying a replacement head unit but protected the second one with the bullet protector which held up. Will be watching for more ideas and keep thinking it through myself...

Chadx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Ha. They are tall aren't they! I use the same ones (only a different color). They are the tall version of the C3. Puts the bars exactly where I want them and bars are same height as my other bikes. C3 makes a medium and short version, too. There has been a lot of talk about not having any rise on snowbikes because you sit most of the time rather than stand like offroad dirtbikes and dual sports, but to each there own. Depends on your torso height and where your arms/grip height naturally sits. I love 'em tall! Ha.

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
These are C3 Powersports tall risers but they are only 2.5" taller than stock bar height. They look taller than they are because they go right to the triple clamp vs just stacking on top of the stock bar mounts. As mentioned above they do have medium and short risers as well. I am tall and prefer the tall riser, it allows me to stand occasionally when I need to but is also comfortable sitting.

S
Mar 14, 2019
I run the C3 force fields, C3 heated bars, C3 tall risers and the C3 1 piece mount, and the voyager pro in the trail tech cage/mount. I cut the rear (closest to rider) 1 piece top clamp section and it works awesome. Perfect fit, enough articulation to tilt for a short or tall rider and it’s easy to remove and swap over to my dirt bike for summer. I removed the top clamp and used a fine tooth metal blade hand saw to cut the section out then finished it with a file.

Chadx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
SIH,
I have the voyager pro billet protector and bar mount sitting here as well, so I could do the same. Though pricey, I'm a big proponent of using Trail Tech's billet protectors because I've smashed a gauge before (abrupt stop slamming my chest into the gauge) and smashed one. That was smaller non-pro voyager. When I bought the replacement head unit, I also bought the protector and that worked great all last year.

Other than loosing the ability to mount things on the crossplate you cut out, doesn't seem like any downside. On your C3 heated bars, which fittings do you have up on the bar? The smaller simple 90 degree fittings or the 90 degree on/off valve fitting? I have the bulkier 90 on/off valve fittings up by the bars so just making sure their is room with those rather than the slimmer plain 90 degree fittings. Could you attach a couple images? Interested to see exactly where it sits all mounted up. Thanks.

I did see that C3 is working on a Voyager Pro specific mount, but it's not ready yet. Not sure how it will differ from the C3 panel mount that GKR posted above. C3's page says the Voyager Pro specific mount likely won't be ready until Jan/Feb 2020; I assume they mean Jan/Feb 2021 and I hoped to have a solution in place by then.

Here is the trail tech mount that SIH is talking about. There are two version. One with handlebar mount and one with RAM mount. This protector could be mounted without the handlebar clamp and instead, mounted directly to a C3 panel mount, like GKR did minus the protector, or it could be mounted directly to a plate mount fashioned from plate aluminum. But I do like the idea of simple is better and mounting directly to the bars for easier removal when needed and easier angle adjustment to get it just right.

vprotector_barmount__75205.1556933112.1280.1280.jpg

vprotector_ball__50801.1556933106.1280.1280.jpg

Pics (from the C3 website) of the C3 switch mount that GKR used:

CABA1212_879f6f0a-9713-4d51-83dc-1fc26185be51_720x.png

CABA1212_720x.png

vprotector_barmount__75205.1556933112.1280.1280.jpg vprotector_ball__50801.1556933106.1280.1280.jpg CABA1212_879f6f0a-9713-4d51-83dc-1fc26185be51_720x.png CABA1212_720x.png

Last edited:
Premium Features