• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

voltage regulator needed?

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
on a 96 ultra with pipes, you disconnect and toss the exhaust probe hooked up to the regulator by the right footwell. that leaves one yellow wire still hooked up. sled runs with it plugged in or not. actually was plugged in the wrong hole the entire time iv ridden it over the years. now it lights up a little when sleds running like i remember my old ultra doing in the day...
whats to stop me from pulling this little gizmoand throwing it on the shelf? Ive pulled the guages and lights, the ignition switch and am now looking at this little chunk of weight:face-icon-small-hap
forgive me for i do not know electrtical

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
The regulator is on the lighting circuit for the sled. All accessories such as hand warmers, thumb warmer, all light bulbs, etc work on this circuit. If you have EGT gauges you probably are hooked into this circuit. If you have NO electrical accessories at all then you could take it out.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
thanks, yeah i have no electrical accessories, except hand warmers which never worked. maybe because that one wire was in wrong slot on regulator? ill have to experiment with that.
if i cant get the warmers to work, i think much of the wires on this thing along with the regulator will have to go. i have a perfect spare motor to go in when this ones shot and i think the electrical system is gonna get stripped down and shortened to length at that time to whatever is required for it to run.

Premium Features