• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Utility/ATV/Snowmobile open trailer.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
I'm looking around for ideas on a multi purpose trailer rather than having several laying around taking up space. Looking for an all aluminum, probably tandem axle trailer to carry the payload of a side by side. (2000)lbs+. These are some I was looking at, The first one while very close to fitting the bill with the shallow wall sides and would seem to fit every purpose, the single axle limits it's payload considerably. 14ft is max length that I want for these. Anyone have experience with either? Any others recommended?

Aluma 8115WD-BT-SR Aluminum UTV/ATV/Snowmobile Trailer - All Purpose!​

1651200521985.png

Next H&H Aluminum ATV trailer with tandem axle for a 5415lb payload capacity.

1651284260473.png

Last edited:

moab11

Lifetime Membership
Feb 24, 2011
Great White North
If you are only trying to fit a couple of sleds or a SXS, why do you think a trailer with a 3500lb axle is limiting you? It looks like aluma offers brakes on their trailer, which should raise the gvwr to 3500lbs+
Or are you wanting to also haul heavier items?

Keep in mind that a tandem axle trailer, especially under 14ft will be a lot harder to move around by hand.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Payload capacity. I’ll be hauling construction materials, appliances etc for my rental properties etc on the utility side. ATV side looked at the weight of a Polaris Razor Pro 2 and four seater run around 2000lbs. Always want future plan if I grab a bigger heavier wider model. The single axles I’ve been seeing have a payload capacity of 1200-1500lbs though a higher GCWR/GVWR. Just seems to be running too close to limits and looking at the weight forward of the axle adds a lot of weight to the tongue vs a second axle to help distribute the weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
If you plan on being able to upgrade to a larger machine later, you might want to consider the width between the rails of those trailers.
We have one at work and our Turbo S RZR with the paddles barely fits. If you aren't rubbing the crap out of one rail it won't fit.
I'd almost prefer the rails to be removable or not there at all for just hauling SXS and vehicles. You have to tie the down anyway just get the rail out of the way.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
i would lean towards something like the top one with the sides and v nose, for the fact that it will keep more salt and grime off of the sleds. i agree you should get one with some leeway on capacity, you never know what you will need it for in the future.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Not planning on hauling anything that heavy in one load. More property maintenance, hauling mower, snow blowers, appliances. Pulled the trigger on this.
Single axle, 79.25x172, 2990lb GVWR with aluminum deck. Adding 24' rock shield, spare wheel mount and matching wheel. Also going to add track slides, track grips, front and rear superclamps etc.

Decided really, not going to get a side by side wider than that. Checked with the polaris dealer and it will fit anything Polaris sells except the super wide that doesn't sell much here. Sleds coming with reverse so don't really need drive off/v front, buddy's is the same. snug with 2 sleds, might have to back one in. Either way it will do the utility and UTV job fine. Throw it on the back of the company squirrel car (they pay all gas and maintenance for personal use) and make quick trips up the hill or 4 hour run to the Big Horns on the cheap. May add a four place enclosed in the future (still miss my old one) later on, but right now four place is too impractical for current needs.

Premium Features