• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

use my 2013 350 or 2016?

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
I got a 2013 sxf350 and a 2016 sxf 350. I am kind of torn which one to use for my snowbike. I plan on keeping the 2016 for dirt also. But I also have a rmz250 that I am absolutely in love with so that will remain one of my bikes for dirt so the 16 is more so a back up in a way. I dont mind keeping the 2013 for another year or so if it makes a good snowbike. I just bought a 2017 timbersled raw. previous set up was kx450f with 2016 sx120. Hated tearing the thin track window. Sold that a year ago and just sold my sled, found a the raw brand new for $2500 otd.

Set up questions for ktms. What battery to get. Engine blanket? Is there enough power (stator) to run ame grips or do I just buy raze and have the thermobob and then I will always have the bars for a future bike. How is the install on the ktm as far as cutting it apart. That has an influence on what bike I keep. Both have spring forks that I believe are .49 so should I throw in the biggest .54 springs? Thanks for the help and if you have a 2016 fit kit for sxf350 let me know, or a tss shock.

D
Nov 22, 2017
between 13 and 14 the 350 sxf got a 4hp bump, I think that hp gain stayed steady to 16 but they added more low end grunt in the model year 16. the 2016 model should weigh about 8 to 10 pounds less then the 13 model.

So more power and less weight, although the 13 is a good bike I would argue use the 16

fit kits should be plentiful for that bike as almost all ktms from that year share the same frame and axles.

you'll want stiffer springs, like in the 6.0 to 6.2 range or higher depending on your weight.

I'd recommend a slip on pipe like the FMF.

stator, according to my dealer is underpowered for light kits and hard warmers, I haven't done it yet but swapping out the stator appears to be pretty simple

you'll definitely want a thermobob for that bike as it doesn't have a factory thermostat.

the camso would be stupid simple to add to that bike, would take an hour or less to do. and requires no cutting or welding, just some light disassembly and a couple of bolts to put the kit on.

Source I own a 2014 350sxf and I had a 2017 350xc. I have a husky 501 with a camso kit and I'm thinking of adding one of these kits to my 14 350 for the wife

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
We have run some 2016 and newer 350's and they rip. You shouldn't need to mess with the airbox for a fixed fit kit, but likely will for a TSS. I believe the 2016 had the lithium battery, which is not great in the cold. You can get a battery box from KTM for that bike to fit a YTX5, which works fine. We never mess with engine blankets, but it's not that cold here so that depends on temps where you ride. We've even gotten away with no thermostats on those bikes....but it's a good idea. Stiff springs for any snowbike...gotta do it.

Personally, I wouldn't spend the money on a slip-on for that bike....that muffler is pretty darn straight through, don't think you'll gain anything there.

Tip for your RAW install....you can order the brake lever w/master cylinder from Polaris for a 2018 ARO kit for a very reasonable price, and it fits well (get the associated banjo bolt, etc). Then you can leave your front bike brake system fully intact, and your snowbike brake system fully intact for easier change-over. ARO and Camso have gone this way, but it's easy to add on any TSL.

Premium Features