• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

URGENT- Nooksack - USFS Access and Travel Management Planning meetings

Hi all,

Please read attached link. This is a serious issue that we need to fight for. There was a meeting last night that had almost 50 attendees, the next meeting is Thursday night in Bellingham (location in the link). We are hoping to fill the room, so if you can make it please come up. We do not want to lose our Northern areas - Canyon Creek and Glacier Creek are both on their list of possible closures.

http://wmbcmtb.org/2016/02/12/<wbr>advocacy-alert-upper-nookack-<wbr>access-and-travel-management-<wbr>planning-atm/

The link also has some information for writing in or emailing your comments. Please do so. Speak up now!

LoneViper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
I don't know what your country is like but I do know that region 1 had their maintenance budgets cut by about 1/3. Now the F/S answer is a wilderness inventory and from that they open up possible new wilderness study areas. My guess is that they don't have to maintain these areas and they get shut off to the motorized public. Their next move will be road reclamation if they aren't already doing it.

Watch these guys, they are sneaky shrewd and the environmentalists will be backing them all the way to the white house where they feel they have a President who will sign anything environmental.

Montana is experiencing the exact same thing.

Premium Features