• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Under hood goggle holder for Ascender chassis?

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
Does anyone make an under hood goggle holder for the Ascender sleds? I have the Cat one that fits in front of the handle bars and that works well for keeping my spare gloves dry.
Looking for something that I can bolt in under the hood that I can keep a spare pair in for those really wet days.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
Was checking out my buddy's M8 tonight and that's a really good idea! I have a Diamond S Ti can so it looks like there is plenty of room at that location.

Edit: dang, looks like the 4639-732 M series goggle holder has been dis-continued.

Last edited:

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I put the older M series in front of the can. Fits fine but I haven’t needed to use it yet. Hard to find these day but I did find one at my dealer for $35 last week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
In the last couple years I've never changed goggles out riding (the particular pair I have now just work). The area in front of my post is open and I do set my goggles on top of that spot once in a while when helping dig someone out. This year I finally got into a situation where I needed to change them on a deep, wet snow day. Pulled my spares out of the Mseries goggle bag I have mounted above my can and they were soaked from humidity. Now I don't even bother keeping them under there.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
Picked one up at Mount Baker Motorsports, they are dis-continued but if you call around to different dealers they may one on the shelf.

Got it mounted, I picked up a couple of large head black rivets and large backer washers. It was a piece of cake to install and I also gobbed some RTV silicone over the rivets on the inside of the bag so they wouldn't scratch the goggles.
I haven't tried goggles in it yet (need to pick up a spare), but on the last ride I kept my spare gloves in there. There was about 2' of fresh snow so I was able to make a couple back to back WOT pulls :) to see how much heat was in the bag. The gloves were just warm to the touch, so I don't think the goggles will get to hot. Time will tell how well it works out, if all else fails I can keep my gloves in it and the goggles in the bag forward of the steering post.IMG_3819.JPGIMG_3818.JPG

Premium Features