• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

U1212 DTC 2020 MC

76Camaro

Lifetime Membership
Jun 10, 2010
Kansas
I’ve got a 2020 Mountain Cat and had a code flash a lot of the day today, U1212. Says lost communication between left handle bar controls. Hens warmers and thumb warmers worked all day but had to turn them back up whenever I shut off the sled. When I pulled back up to the trailer I lost the tach, temp gauges and reverse. Anyone else run into something like this?

76Camaro

Lifetime Membership
Jun 10, 2010
Kansas
I tried dielectric in the hood plug-in and took the left switch apart to see if it was wet.

F
Nov 30, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
You mention the hood plug in. Does that include the plug on the gauge?
It seems like a long shot, but the controls communicate with the gauge. It even becomes an issue if you try to use an old gauge. Try to narrow down the connections between the controls and gauge.

76Camaro

Lifetime Membership
Jun 10, 2010
Kansas
Yes I did find the issue and tested the sled last night. it is in the actual left handlebar switch assembly. I ordered a new one from Country Cat p/n 0609-540. I noticed another code popping up after I had originally posted of a code U0155. which is loss of communication of the LCD display. It made sense that it did because of the display switch. Bad part about it was that warranty was up by 2 months and I only had 150 miles on the machine. No visual damage to the wiring to it or anything.

JMCX

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Yes I did find the issue and tested the sled last night. it is in the actual left handlebar switch assembly. I ordered a new one from Country Cat p/n 0609-540. I noticed another code popping up after I had originally posted of a code U0155. which is loss of communication of the LCD display. It made sense that it did because of the display switch. Bad part about it was that warranty was up by 2 months and I only had 150 miles on the machine. No visual damage to the wiring to it or anything.

I have 4800 km on mine and 20 months or so of warranty left. If l unplugged the handle bar control the gauge started working so l knew it was the problem. After sitting in my heated garage all night everything is back to normal. Probably not for long though.

B
Feb 19, 2010
I had the same issue, mine ended up being the twisted pair of signal wires that ran under the fuse block to the service port on the front of the sled, the wire had rubbed through on the mount. I have been chasing this for 2 months. Just remove the fuse block and look at the wires below, I would suggest that everyone with this sled does at least look at this, I was able to run the service port wires in a different fashion and tie the rest of the wires up so there is no contact with the mount.

Premium Features