• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Twin Rail Elevate versus Alpha Elevate

Z
Apr 26, 2017
Hi All,

Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on the twin rail elevate?

I currently have a 19 Alpha Elevate 154 with a turbo. I love the sled on really deep days, but when snow conditions are not as great I have not been as happy with it. Reason being is when the track is searching for traction and it flexes/conforms to the hill, it has done some really spooky things in steep technical terrain. Part of it is I still have not figured out to dial back some of my input and get further forward on the sled. In most other types of riding, it is very easy and maneuverable. Probably one of the easiest sleds I have ever ridden, and that track does get unreal traction. However, with 1000K miles on the sled now and still not feeling comfortable in steep technical terrain, wondering if anyone has a comparison between a twin rail elevate and alpha or alpha elevate?

I am thinking about selling my alpha setup. Since I already have the ice age spindles, I figure I will make it a twin rail elevate. Am I going to hate myself for making the switch back to twin rail?

Thank you for any input you have to offer. I appreciate your time and feedback.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
If I only had one, I'd still have my alpha elevate. Anything a foot or more of pow its better. Ive only ridden my MC elevate once this year. Just gonna ride it this spring when the snow gets bad. I love both sleds, but I cant give up the traction and pull in pow with the alpha. We have had a lot of sugar no base snow where I ride this year and thats where I see the biggest difference between the two. I'd really like for someone to punch an alpha track out so it can be used on the MC. Play with your shock settings. I wasnt sold last year and rode my MC elevate a lot. But since have had my shocks revalved on both and changed pressures. Now the alpha is riding a lot better in steep tech terrain

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Move the front of the suspension back up to the factory hole and give it a try. It made my 165 handle the way i want it to.
It's an easy change, if u don't like it, u can change it back on the hill.

Sent it

B
Mar 30, 2016
I have a an 18 MC 162 with the Elevate Kit and Speedwerx stage 2 and also a 20 HC 165 stock besides GGB can. No doubt the Alpha has tons of traction and climbs great but I feel that the twin rail is much more predictable and precise. I only have a little of 100 miles on the Alpha but for now the twin rail is my choice in all conditions/terrain.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
We have had numerous customers who just cannot get used to the Alpha suspension for their riding style get rails and build a skid to convert back to twin rail.
U guys need to take 2 identical elevated Alphas and move the front back into the factory hole on one sled and compare...

Sent it

Premium Features