• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Twin pipes

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Oh I know they are out there, but you’re in the minority. Point is its nice to see a new option somewhere between a single pipe and turbo power wise (still nowhere near a turbo, I get that).

Funny I’ve only been around 5 turbo sleds and they have all run flawlessly ??‍♂️
(All silber, 2 axys 800, axys 850, 18 mountain cat and a doo 850)

seems to be a majority.

all owned by first time turbo sled / average guys. (Mine is a 16 axys 800 / silber)

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Funny I’ve only been around 5 turbo sleds and they have all run flawlessly ??‍♂️

seems to be a majority.

all owned by first time turbo sled / average guys. (Mine is a 16 axys 800 / silber)
That’s good! Doesn’t change the fact that that isn’t what I’ve seen.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
4 Silbers on 2013-2015 Pros, on low or no mile sleds, couple of them installed by the man himself- all reflash kits. Sidekicks on 16 & 17 Axys 800s. Some of them have good days (we ride all over elevation wise), but in my experience you never know whats gonna happen when you grab a handful of throttle. I never have been around a Silber Axys.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
They look like a nice fit. Some of the twin and triple pipes I ran in the past melted my side panels and hood. Things sure have changed with EFI, everyone remember having to figure out what jets to stagger at different temps and elevations? Constantly watching EGT's per pipe, reading plugs, piston wash, swish and octane mixing, running ear plugs inside your helmet because they were so loud...man I'm getting old lol.

Last edited:

mtnclimber19

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2008
Sheridan, wy
How long ago did you order yours? I was told mine are still about a month out. I'm eager to get them and I hope they live up to my expectations! Should make for a really fun sled if the pipes and head give anywhere close to the claimed hp increase!

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom

seems to be a majority.

This is definetly not the norm

seems to be a majority.

this is definitely not the norm rode with 4 last year two silbers two boondockers one silber had no issues. Of the other three two of them had issues on any given ride.

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
This is definetly not the norm

this is definitely not the norm rode with 4 last year two silbers two boondockers one silber had no issues. Of the other three two of them had issues on any given ride.
My experience has been that pump gas turbo sleds are as reliable as a stock sled.

My 2020 KHOAS I plan to ride stock for a while, but may add turbo or pipes depending on snow and how this 850 runs!! Keep posting reports please.

In order to install pipes was it necessary to pull the engine?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Am I missing something ?? this is a twin pipe post is it not?? Keep the turbo talk to the turbo post thanks.
Its relevant. If one is gonna spent 2k for some hp they just as well look into a turbo and weigh the pros and cons. I guess I wouldn't say that I think turbos are unreliable... but it takes much less for them to not run correctly (and really run poorly), seems like little things like minor exhaust leaks, bad fuel, incorrect plug gap, wore out clutch parts and such will really make them a dog, where as a stocker (or piped sled) may still run alright. They require more attention, and CAN be finicky. Not for everyone.

These pipes may be a nice alternative to boost, even though you are not gonna see the same HP per $$ gains.

Thanks for the pics and info Chrisco, please let us know how they work, along with anyone else whos trying twins.

D
Oct 6, 2017
My pipes should be in later this month! Does anyone have any time on theirs yet? I have seen a couple videos but not many reviews yet.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
The 2200$ kit most of it your probably going to purchase anyway. Torque arm, clutching ect. What are they using to reflash???

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
The problem with twins is the power peaks like a mountain ridge. Yeah you get the 17hp at the peak but don’t be off either side of the peak by more than 50 rpm. Can’t wait to see the new curves. Peak power is not good for a mountain sled riding in varying elevation, temps and snow conditions. They are fun for drag sleds where you tune for the day and run the same conditions over and over though..

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
The problem with twins is the power peaks like a mountain ridge. Yeah you get the 17hp at the peak but don’t be off either side of the peak by more than 50 rpm. Can’t wait to see the new curves. Peak power is not good for a mountain sled riding in varying elevation, temps and snow conditions. They are fun for drag sleds where you tune for the day and run the same conditions over and over though..
Dont judge until you ride it. Sleds have come along ways and this just might be an awesome setup. So far those who have rode the setup love it.

Premium Features