• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

twin pipes

C
Aug 29, 2008
ok.. i have an 05 800.. i am wanting to get as much power out of er as i can... i'm looking into getting twins for it.. anyone have any input as to what kind i should get.. i ride big mountains, so a lot of noise is fine.. do ones with stingers have any advantage over the ones that dump two pipes into one can?... let me know...

R
Feb 26, 2009
Alexandria, MN
I have an 05 with CPI twin pipes with stingers. I really like them, they seem to perform really well and sound great, but i would also highly recomend SLP twins. I prefur the stingers just because they are louder. I dont really know if there is any advantage to one or the other though.

Y

yardfarmer

Jul 30, 2004
Sw Iowa
like my cpi twins..., the company claims 23 hp gain.., runs well.., not loud at a idle and a sweet sound on the flipper!

P

powderman800

Jan 28, 2008
Kennewick, WA
Twins

SLP twins would be my first pick and there are a ton of them in the swap meet for cheap. CPI is a close second. Both sound and run well.

himarker

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2002
Prescott, Washington
When i had my 800 i ran a SLP single pipe and can, and i would reccomend that setup for the most useable all-around power. Pulls hard right off the bottom end and all the way to the top. I have SLP race twins on my 900 UBR and i love them, but the choice is up to you

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
SLp single or twins....the twins will work alot better with proper porting and they are more finicky on jetting than the single.

S
Dec 1, 2007
Crank shop pipes

Hi guys, i just picked up 2 800 pol 03 escapes, one of them has crank shop twins on it, I was wondering if anyone has run these pipes before and what rpm they like. The pipes have glass packs not a big can.

Thanks

W
Sep 22, 2009
Pipes.

I had an 01 pol 800 with psi twins. that sled rocked with great sound and power all over the place. Now i h ave a 04 pol vert escape that i just got crankshop twins for. Also would like to know how they performed if anyone has run these.

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
I tried Crank shops high atitude twins and I never really road over 7000'. Had a terrible time getting them to work below 6000'. Never won that battle.:rolleyes:
I did hear they worked good up high though, and heard nothing but good things on there lower alt stuff either. I made the wrong choice of pipes for my elevation.

Premium Features