• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo on a Carbed Two Stroke?

E
Dec 19, 2007
It seems you found the post already from simbatheking. Mine was hard to ride because it was on a 380 ktm before I figured out how to get the 380 to rev. The stock 380 had a real narrow powerband before I ported it and with boost the rich needle made it worse at 1/4 throttle. It just was tricky to keep in the powerband. Keep in mind I never finished tuning it but got it good enough to feel the potential. The new 300s would be better than the 380 stock so it should be easier but I hear some 450 turbos act kind of the same way with boost. Boost came on and it would rev past the power peak so quick then have to shift and wait for the boost again. Keep the boost low and make the motor run as strong as it can off boost would be the best plan on a 300.

T
Oct 3, 2020
It seems you found the post already from simbatheking. Mine was hard to ride because it was on a 380 ktm before I figured out how to get the 380 to rev. The stock 380 had a real narrow powerband before I ported it and with boost the rich needle made it worse at 1/4 throttle. It just was tricky to keep in the powerband. Keep in mind I never finished tuning it but got it good enough to feel the potential. The new 300s would be better than the 380 stock so it should be easier but I hear some 450 turbos act kind of the same way with boost. Boost came on and it would rev past the power peak so quick then have to shift and wait for the boost again. Keep the boost low and make the motor run as strong as it can off boost would be the best plan on a 300.
Interesting, in the end do more power but in a really short powerband.. Correct?

A
Jan 4, 2015
Canada
I'd bet a good amount you'll have WAY more fun, WAY more time on the snow and WAY less money on a built 250 (ported, head reshaped) and nicely tuned that trying to jump all the turbo hoops.

But it's up to you, your time, your season and your money.

If you want big power and one ski, find a 800 snow hawk.

Snowbikes are awesome, but you have to love them for what they are. They're a reason that almost nobody's running turbos now on them while they were almost "mandatory" at one point and time.

Premium Features