• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

tunnel extensions

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Anyone have ideas on where or how to get a tunnel extension. I'mg going from 121 to 151 so I need something back there....plus I need gas rack space.

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
You are going to have a time of it getting an extension that long to be structurally sound, especially if you intend to carry fuel. Make sure you reinforce the heck out of your connection. If you can find them, some older style aluminum tunnel rub rails can be added for additional support. If you look at a modern long track sled, you will notice that the tunnel is one piece, for a reason. Good luck!

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
I've made quite a few of that size and have yet to hear, or have, a problem. I've kind of gotten out of making them just because of time and logistics in getting them done but if you can't find one let me know and I can probably work one in on my next trip to the shop.

I used to get $55 for a 151, haven't bought aluminum in about a year though so I'd have to see what that would cost. I use 8 1/4" rivets across the top and 3 on each side and that holds up good.

Here's a black one.
black156.jpg

This has a 151 diamond plate extension
102_0518.jpg

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Jsledder,
That is a fine looking extension, looks like you did you homework, got the "bend" in it as well. Nice sled too, the cleanest Gen II ride I've seen, nice trailing arms too. Cool stuff. Thanks from the north country.

xc_rider08

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Mandan, ND
another idea for attatching the tunnel extension is too use bolts.

i used bolts. looks good and that thing is not coming loose or off unless breaks.

u can kinda see the bolts in the pictures

104_0026.jpg

i can take better pics tomorrow if u woudl like

J
Dec 4, 2008
Malin, Oregon
when i extended mine i didnt put my gas rack back on and ripped my extension off the first trip out. so what i did was riveted it to death I think therea re like over 200 rivets in my extension. but the real strength comes from redesigning my gas rack. the 2 tubes that originally go to the bumper i cut and flipped them over and bolted them to the top of the extension. the sled with yellow bumper its the best pic i have.
l_dd022badae56771681ae733a7c21a1f0.jpg

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
^^^^What he said. X, have you checked the swapmeet by chance?

http://www.tracksusa.com/tunnel_extensions.html#tunnel_polaris

$109 bucks you have have a nice new shiney tunnel extension.

hell I didn't even think an aftermarket company would make an extension for 121 to 151 i was thinking strength would be an issue I can see it is not though.....swap meet is getting searched soon. Don't want any shiny parts to draw attention to my beast;)

Then will the bumper just rivet onto the extension?

Last edited:
S

Super B

Dec 26, 2002
Monticello, MN
www.rooost.ca
hell I didn't even think an aftermarket company would make an extension for 121 to 151 i was thinking strength would be an issue I can see it is not though.....swap meet is getting searched soon. Don't want any shiny parts to draw attention to my beast;)

Then will the bumper just rivet onto the extension?

You might have to drill holes into the extension for the rivets.

K
Mar 20, 2009
Whitehorse Yukon
I have the tracks USA extension. I didn't like the fit. It seems like it was cut to short down the sides and when lined up like the instructions said there was VERY little material left to hold the rivits. And yes you will have to drill all the holes for the bumper and if you have the rear cooler you will have to cut out enough to make the cooler fit, and you will have to buy more rivits as the kit doesn't account for the cooler.:beer;

H

harland

Jun 1, 2009
lloydminster, SK
my tracks usa extension fit very nice (i only went to a 136) but drilling holes for the bumper was kind of a pain. i got more rivets then i needed too

S
Mar 11, 2009
Washington
I just put on a couple of SLP 144 tunnel extensions and they are solid as a rock. All the holes were already drilled for mounting the tunnel (lined up perfectly with existing holes in the tunnel) and for mounting the bumper/grab bar. I used 1/4" SS screws with SS nylock nuts instead of rivets.

SLP extensions cost less than tracksusa too. You only get a decent price at tracksusa if buy the whole rail/tunnel extension kit.

Premium Features