• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tunnel Bag options for the Slash.

D
Dec 15, 2020
So looking at all the thousand of pictures and videos of the new 22 Slash and I'm yet to see a Tunnel bag. What is making me scratch my head is I can't see how they will attach anyway?

OnlyPolaris

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
I also saw somewhere Burandt say that they make a retrofit "kit" for current axys tunnel bags to fit the matryx.

other way around. they make an adaptor kit for the new matryx bags to fit the axys and pro ride sleds. on the top of the tunnel you can see small black decals. under those decals are hole to mount the lock and ride flex brackets. the system is very slick and looking at the bags in the dealer they should work very good.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Haven't seen it mentioned, yet - carrying fuel. Running out of fuel still kinda happens, and a US gal less in the stock tank isn't going to get the sled closer to the truck.

With all these new bags connecting to the flex locks at the bottom of the tank, gonna need to be creative to hang a fuel behind the seat, and a bag further back. Think most of us are wise enough not to hang fuel on the end of the tunnels these days. Maybe someone will do a land office business selling LinQ adapters for the Matryx tunnels. Poo is moving backwards after the flexibility and functionality of their Pro/Axys tunnel mount system. I've run the same Mountain Addiction can and bags on five different tunnels since 2011. Going back to the crapshow of can racks in the 90's and 00's isn't even a laughable alternative.

Last edited:

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"

Slick system but it appears it will only carry one 1.5 gallon can, and I really don't want to mess around with stacking another on top / pulling off 2 cans; unless no other optoins. Here are the specs:

I'm sure there will be other options, will have to see what Mountain Addiction does.

Sucks the stock tank has 1 gal less of gas, the throttle is my friend; buddy nick named me rooster. haha Says he knows which track is mine.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Haven't seen it mentioned, yet - carrying fuel. Running out of fuel still kinda happens, and a US gal less in the stock tank isn't going to get the sled closer to the truck.

With all these new bags connecting to the flex locks at the bottom of the tank, gonna need to be creative to hang a fuel behind the seat, and a bag further back. Think most of us are wise enough not to hang fuel on the end of the tunnels these days. Maybe someone will do a land office business selling LinQ adapters for the Matryx tunnels. Poo is moving backwards after the flexibility and functionality of their Pro/Axys tunnel mount system. I've run the same Mountain Addiction can and bags on five different tunnels since 2011. Going back to the crapshow of can racks in the 90's and 00's isn't even a laughable alternative.

Why are you acting like the mountain addiction rails and gas can won’t mount right up to a matryx?

G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin

I don't like the look of cans on the back but wondered if these bags would hold up in the underseat bag or tunnel bag. Anyone here ever use them?

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Why are you acting like the mountain addiction rails and gas can won’t mount right up to a matryx?
I am ignorant on how the MA rails might be adapted without drilling the tunnel or an unknown rail adapter. If the can, rails are mounted closest to the seat, will see how the new bags work, or don't. Maybe a poo can will have mounting points for the new bags off the can. The aftermarket will be all over LinQ adapters, I'd guess. Yeah, weeny stuff, but fuel gets kinda important sometimes.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I am ignorant on how the MA rails might be adapted without drilling the tunnel or an unknown rail adapter. If the can, rails are mounted closest to the seat, will see how the new bags work, or don't. Maybe a poo can will have mounting points for the new bags off the can. The aftermarket will be all over LinQ adapters, I'd guess. Yeah, weeny stuff, but fuel gets kinda important sometimes.

Ummmm yeah you drill the tunnel.

Same way you attach polaris new bags.......

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
the tunnels are pre drilled for the new bag system. just like the doos. i personally wont want to drill additional holes for the mountain addiction stuff. so they will have to come out with an adaptor of some sort for the rails.

I guess I always pack gas so the MA rails will go on and stay on.

Permanent install.

I’m excited that they won’t keep getting moved when i flip the sled into the trees multiple times a day.

Drilled holes in the tunnel will be .01% of the wear and tear the sled gets after a season.

L
Aug 2, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Here's an example of the connection points on the MY22 Khaos Slash 146.

The T-channel is integrated into the heat exchanger so on this model they are available a little ways after the seat. After the heat exchanger ends, there are two locations on each side that are pre-drilled with two holes under each one of the black stickers. Basically you have 4 connection points on each side of the sled based on the 146. The other models will have more connection points however because the heat exchanger ends at the seat on the other RMK's the T-channel will not exist past the seat, only the pre-drilled holes under the stickers.

2021-03-30_07h43_31.png

S
Dec 28, 2009

The T-channel is integrated into the heat exchanger so on this model they are available a little ways after the seat. After the heat exchanger ends, there are two locations on each side that are pre-drilled with two holes under each one of the black stickers. Basically you have 4 connection points on each side of the sled based on the 146. The other models will have more connection points however because the heat exchanger ends at the seat on the other RMK's the T-channel will not exist past the seat, only the pre-drilled holes under the stickers.

View attachment 370709
Thank you for this.

L
Aug 2, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Here's a few more pics

View attachment 370709
Here's a few more pics that help with the illustration.
IMG_4270.jpgIMG_4199.jpg

Premium Features