• I am getting worn out moving your "For sale" threads, including loosely veiled sales pitches for "How much is it worth) or Wanted to buy to the swapmeet.

I will no longer be moving them for you as I have been in the past.

Some days are 20 per day.

If I see it, it will get deleted.

I try to help you...please try to help me.

Thanks.
  • I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

TRS Clutching [ PART FOUR ]

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I saw TRS Tony naked. Well hung comes to mind.

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
It's been a while since I was here. I'm really glad to see it is still going. Tony is a great guy. Very helpful getting my boosted174-3" set up. I forgot most of what I learned. Time to put the racecar away a get ready for the fluff.
Tony. I'll be seeing you in a few months. Coming down with a buddy.

grizzslayer

Dec 20, 2007
Hello Tony...sorry to bug you. I tried PMing you a couple times; Not sure if they are getting through with the new system.

Thanks

Jeff

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Tony, Tony mo moanee, fee fi mo moanee, TONY!
Haha think of Kanedog when this lil’ ditty gets stuck in yer head all day today! Haha. Happy clutch for all!

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I am determined to get you laughing and trolling! Now get on the super low gearing train. Better gains than any clutching can achieve although combined together, you will throw any engine mods in the trash. It’s orgasmic.

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
mt. sledder,
I pm you.
Thanks
Burandt is testing a 25/69 ratio. Snomo intel for ya. Gears are coming from Pfeiffer Engineering. Pfeiffer has a method where they can Hobb the teeth and broach the splines without removing the pulley from the fixture. That’s cool. They got all geared up to supply Specialty Motorsports for their belt drives. Then specialty went dark and left them high and dry with all the equipment manufacturing setup for pulleys I believe. So if anyone wants a pulley supplier, now you know where to go.

Last edited:

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Has anyone noticed if the e start sleds are a bit slower reving than the non e start sleds due to the weight of the ring gear and it’s position so far from the Center of the crank? I’ve seen a difference and I’m not sure if it was the ring gear or something else contributing to it.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
Ak
Has anyone noticed if the e start sleds are a bit slower reving than the non e start sleds due to the weight of the ring gear and it’s position so far from the Center of the crank? I’ve seen a difference and I’m not sure if it was the ring gear or something else contributing to it.
primary and secondary clutch wear part health, clutching calibration, engine wear health (leak down test) and throttle position sensor accurately set all make the difference in how a sled runs / feels.

(assuming the track /gearing is identical.)

heavy vs light primary clutch would take a seismograph to measure the difference. Often clutching calibration or clutch wear part health changes happen at the same time as installation of “lightweight” parts so it is hard to pinpoint the instrument of change.

bring purchase justification into play and all bets are off.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
primary and secondary clutch wear part health, clutching calibration, engine wear health (leak down test) and throttle position sensor accurately set all make the difference in how a sled runs / feels.

(assuming the track /gearing is identical.)

heavy vs light primary clutch would take a seismograph to measure the difference. Often clutching calibration or clutch wear part health changes happen at the same time as installation of “lightweight” parts so it is hard to pinpoint the instrument of change.

bring purchase justification into play and all bets are off.
I've noticed a difference between 2 new sleds both set up the same. The electric start sled just seems a bit slower reving (throttle response) than the non electric start sled. Not sure if that can be attributed to the weight of the ring gear a long way off the center of the crank or not. The ring gear would be a lot more weight than the lightweight covers, starter cups, titianium bolts etc that people seem to claim make the engine more responsive. The sleds I'm seeing the difference in have none of these lightweight parts.

Premium Features