• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TRS clutching is the REAL DEAL

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Just got back from a stellar week long trip in the mountains and can happily report that @TRS Tony's clutching was spot on!

2018 Pro RMK 800, 163", Silber turbo, 5 lbs boost, 6-9k feet elevation, straight 91 octane pump gas.

The clutching from Silber was horrible, with regular detonation and several hot blown belts. I put in a steeper helix to help, but same issues. Tony sold me his clutch kit, along with the alignment bar. I set it up to his specs exactly and had nothing but smiles all week long. Zero belt issues, no detonation.

The week started with hero snow, and finished with 2+ feet of fresh over-the-hood powder on a 3 foot base. The sled ran flawless in all conditions, topping out around 8400 rpm.

Thank you, Tony!
8d74f2757625dfcffa0c15196c61445b.jpg

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Are you running custom cut helix??
I have a Silber on a 17- 5lb spring- ran Silber’s clutching last year with no probs. Been breaking those TEAM almond springs left and right this year and blowing belts. Only thing I changed was new clutch cover and got it balanced. Not sure what’s going on. Maybe alignment issue too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Are you running custom cut helix??
I have a Silber on a 17- 5lb spring- ran Silber’s clutching last year with no probs. Been breaking those TEAM almond springs left and right this year and blowing belts. Only thing I changed was new clutch cover and got it balanced. Not sure what’s going on. Maybe alignment issue too?

Correction- sounds like those almonds might not be team brand - not sure. It is what Silber sells off its website

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Just got back from a stellar week long trip in the mountains and can happily report that @TRS Tony's clutching was spot on!

2018 Pro RMK 800, 163", Silber turbo, 5 lbs boost, 6-9k feet elevation, straight 91 octane pump gas.

The clutching from Silber was horrible, with regular detonation and several hot blown belts. I put in a steeper helix to help, but same issues. Tony sold me his clutch kit, along with the alignment bar. I set it up to his specs exactly and had nothing but smiles all week long. Zero belt issues, no detonation.

The week started with hero snow, and finished with 2+ feet of fresh over-the-hood powder on a 3 foot base. The sled ran flawless in all conditions, topping out around 8400 rpm.

Thank you, Tony!

Can you share what the clutch kit is or any details about it? Price? Will it cover all elevations from 1,000 feet on up to 12,000?

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
I’m also a satisfied customer. Silber #5 on a 17 800 163 2.6 with Pro gears. 8400 no matter what the snow conditions were last weekend. Much better pull in the mid range and top, way quicker back shifting, and it even made the sled run cleaner in the mid range.

I barely had time to throw it together, so I haven’t aligned the secondary or shimmed the primary yet.

A@ron

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2017
Wisconsin
I’m also a satisfied customer. Silber #5 on a 17 800 163 2.6 with Pro gears. 8400 no matter what the snow conditions were last weekend. Much better pull in the mid range and top, way quicker back shifting, and it even made the sled run cleaner in the mid range.

I barely had time to throw it together, so I haven’t aligned the secondary or shimmed the primary yet.

what elevation and what weights?

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
8-9600 last weekend, 68 gram TRS weights. I had been running the Silber clutch setup with 73 grams, pulling 8150-8200.

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING

Thank you, Tony!
8d74f2757625dfcffa0c15196c61445b.jpg
What spring rates and helix are you running?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
For those asking for details on the TRS clutching either contact tony or do search in the axys and/or 850 sections, there is tons of info on what belt to run, clutch alignment and clutch parts.

I bought the TRS bar, clutching and recommended belt for my Silber turbo 850 this year. Close to 600 miles on one belt with TRS clutching. Like said before, the TRS clutching keeps your rpms spinning 100% steady (mine 8450) no matter the snow conditions. It really is the best clutching I’ve tried on an 800 or 850 axys.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Now that we are into spring riding I am still very happy with my TRS clutching. 15” of new heavy wet snow and two days riding. Still maintains rpms better than any clutching I’ve ever used, pretty much spot on at all times.

Premium Features