• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TRS Alignment Bar video

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Thanks for the video and the bar Tony!

Now im just going to need a OEM level supplier for the secondary shims! lol, once your friends notice you doubling belt life they want a piece of the pie!

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
The secondary will hunt continually.
The shift affect alone will make it hunt. Think about your belt sander or band saw, what would happen if you let the tracking adjuster float .030”?
The secondary needs float, mainly to eliminate side load to the jackshaft bearing. Polaris specs .010-.050” just for that reason.
There are many variables. Shaft flex, chassis alignment, secondary spline/shaft fitment tolerance that will force it off alignment under load..
Hope this answers your question of “to much float“?

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Just to add to what Tony said, the secondary doesn't find a center and stay there. It'll move all the way out as far as you let it, when off throttle, and will move all the way inward, when on throttle. So, if you have lots of float, you just wear stuff out faster. But, with that said, my float is at about .050"-.060" simply because I didn't have a thinner washer. Good enough. No rocket science here...

nickk

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2009

2019 850 AXYS Boondocker turbo and clutching.
I gave a video a shot, not an actor for sure. Hope this helps.

The secondary will hunt continually.
The shift affect alone will make it hunt. Think about your belt sander or band saw, what would happen if you let the tracking adjuster float .030”?
The secondary needs float, mainly to eliminate side load to the jackshaft bearing. Polaris specs .010-.050” just for that reason.
There are many variables. Shaft flex, chassis alignment, secondary spline/shaft fitment tolerance that will force it off alignment under load..
Hope this answers your question of “to much float“?

Premium Features