• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

TRS Alignment Bar video

Tewstroke

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2008
Yakima,WA
Polaris part numbers for
secondary jackshaft shims
7555917 .023”
7556509 .060”
7555664 .112”
7555864. .120”
Tony,
I was able to source all washers except for the 7555664 .112”
Not available on Babbitt’s Online.
Could that be a wrong # ?

Tewstroke

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Could be a discontinued part #.
The part # was in one of my old shop manuals.

Last edited:

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2008
I looked around for that .112" part number as well. I can't find any mention of it. If anyone finds it somewhere, let us know.

Last edited:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I got my TRS bar a couple days ago. My new 850 needed about .150 washers to bring the secondary out to touch the bar. Tony, there is some lead in built into the bar? With the bar properly placed on the primary and shimmed correctly so the front edge of the secondary touches the bar, the rear end of the bar is off the secondary clutch .030 or so.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
There is no lead in built into the bar. If you have .030” at the rear of the secondary that’s great👍👍👍.
I set them at .020-.030” lead in.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
They come in 10 packs to your dealer. You should be able to buy singles. They should be a stocked item at your dealer. If not, they haven’t checked offset on sleds.

fastboy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2008
Mine was off 112 thou till the leading edge of the bar just touches the front of the secondary. With this being said I checked the rear of the secondary of the bar and I am off 48 thou. Tony is that good …

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I would like to thank everyone that has purchased a TRS Alignment bar.
Mine was off 112 thou till the leading edge of the bar just touches the front of the secondary. With this being said I checked the rear of the secondary of the bar and I am off 48 thou. Tony is that good …
Just shimming the secondary out to the bar will help belt longevity. With that said I like to have my leadin set less than 030”. The 850s allow you to move the engine a little by loosening all the mounts and adjusting.it. Next step is machining the mounts.The 800s you basically have to live with what you have for leadin.

Last edited:
Premium Features