• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trencher A-arms

powwow

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
East Kootenay
Has anyone ran the trenchers a-arms and what is your opinion?
I ran them on an Axys. Definetely stronger I only bent 1 ballpoint (1.5 season) compared to my average of 2-3 a arms a season. The cat a arms are way stronger though. I only slightly bent an upper a arm this season 1000miles. I wouldn't upgrade for strength. If your looking for clearance it might be worth it. The product was really good quality and there service was as well.

powwow

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
East Kootenay
I hit real hard when I bent it. I bought a couple extra. Think they were $20 a piece. Will be on an Axys again next year. Will buy another set if the funds allow. Way better for the polaris. I wouldn't worry about them. There strong.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Personally I don’t like the A-arms that use the spherical rod end joints in the place of ball joints. They break off way to easy. Had a set one season and never again.

F
Dec 30, 2019
After a hard impact, 3 of my 4 helm joints did not bend, but became seized. Steering was extremely heavy and sled was nearly unrideable. Trenchers thinks the very thin layer of Teflon piled up inside the joint. They replaced all 4 under warranty and they now make an updated version with a thicker layer of Teflon. That Teflon is super thick and doesn't leave a lot of metal. Hopefully the metal holds up and hopefully the ball doesn't get pushed out of the joint on a hard impact.

20220216_142936.jpg
20220214_104436.jpg

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
I had good luck with my Trenchers. Bent one on a super hard hit after a jump and ran it the rest of the season without issue.

Premium Features