• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tree Huggers working for the Wyoming DMV...

B

beer gut

Nov 2, 2004
Centennial, CO
Went to find out if I could get sled registrations online, look at the crap I found:

http://www.dmv.org/wy-wyoming/boat-registration.php#Snowmobile_Registration

Snowmobile Registration
Whether you love them or hate them, snowmobiles are as synonymous with Wyoming as the bucking bronco license plates bedecking the cars and trucks in the state. Of course, controversy follows the machines like the smoke contrail spewing out the back-end exhaust pipe.

The main issue of whether snowmobiles should be regulated or banned outright from the pristine trails of Yellowstone Park has traveled all the way to the White House, and is a prime wintertime topic for the media.

Regardless of which side of the political debate your opinion falls, snowmobiles are, at least for the moment, still indelibly etched into Wyoming's snow-covered seasons, and are extremely popular with tourists―Wyoming has 2,000 miles of groomed trails.

:mad:

Sorry if this is a repost...

B

beer gut

Nov 2, 2004
Centennial, CO
I just noticed that this site is NOT actually part of the WY govt. Here is their disclaimer at the bottom:

***Please note that DMV.ORG is not owned, operated, or affiliated with any government agency.***
DMV.ORG (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit corporation owned by eDriver, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with the Wyoming DMV, any other state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any other state or federal government agency. DMV.ORG does its best to get the correct information for the Wyoming Department of Motor Vehicles on its site but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For complete and accurate information, please consult your local Wyoming Department of Motor Vehicles office.

I might just send them a very polite email.

Premium Features