• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trails west, mission, logan, charmac, high country GN trailers opinions

R
Jan 13, 2015
I did ....liked the Logan but was just to heavy and tall for my needs. Seems like a great trailer for fit and finish but not for me. The trails west was next up and beat the othes for what my needs are. Mission and High Country are the same and for a GN did not have what the TR has

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Mission Logan and Trails West are steel are all steel frame ? High Country are mostly aluminum?

R
Jan 13, 2015
Correct those are aluminum trailers versus the steel trailers that Trailswest and Logan use. As Said above the steel trailers do track much better but I did find The fit and finish between the two steel trailers were much higher than the mission or the high country. It seemed like thoes GN aluminum’s were built as a car trailer but trying to be a snowmobile trailer Where the trails west and Logan are purpose built .

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Run from Trails West. Shoddy workmanship. Slapped together, weld slag everywhere. Hack jobs if you look hard at them.

F7arcticcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nothing wrong with the trailswest. They keep getting nicer and make small improvements each year. I love how mine pulls. I've been in 40mph winds and you cant tell it's there. Coming from a big bumper pull it's a dream to tow. As far as features it does everything I need it to and is comparable to the logan. I think fit and finish is really good. This isnt a freaking house and wont be perfect. With that said they are nice and certainly not a hack job. Big difference in price between the tw and logan so sure I would expect some differences. There are tons of tw trailers on the road with very few issues. You only seem to hear from the ones with issues.

20200426_135914.jpg

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
"Trails West Hack job for your enjoyment. "

Wow are these wires located from in the trailer under the gooseneck? What year? Burandt edition?

F7arcticcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Oh come on it's not that bad?. I haven't crawled under mine but havent noticed any issues with anything on the interior or exterior that you can visibly see.

Fearless Catman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
The Sheyenne River Valley of ND
Any Mission reviews? I haven't seen many in regards to the GN models, they seem nice from what I can tell. Can get them in low or high profile.

I have the 42' Mission Elevation GN. I ordered it 4 feet longer with 1 ft taller interior and AC plus a host of other useful features beyond standard build. It is light obviously due to all aluminum frame. It weights around 6000-6500# empty and tows like a dream. I plan to verify the actual weight shortly and go from there. Have hauled a car and golf cart, side by sides, and 5 sleds. I've towed it in all kinds of weather and it really is a dream to tow. Love the versality of the fact I can haul anything that would fit in there rather than have 2-3 other trailers laying around for their respective uses when one will do ALL. They are obviously in the upper tier of the price range for its useful uses and I do believe in you get what you pay for. I've worked my way up from the cheap steel brand names and aluminum brand names and I have to say this trailer is a step up from what I have used or been around. I've had deck overs, inlines, and in between(8.5/8 wides) I've come to love the in betweens. I quit being the guy trying to get the best mpg or the best "sleek profile" trailer so I can get to the mountains and off or to and from places as fast I can thru nasty/beautiful weather. I realized you live life once and its pointless to sacrifice features and functionality so I went all out and boy am I glad. I still go wherever I want to whenever I want to and still can do fast also but obviously mpg suffers but who cares. I'm enjoying life. Nationwide big name brands in aluminum is Featherlite and Sundowner so I will use those two for reference. I know there is a couple more other big names like ATC and INTECH but I feel they are not in greater numbers nationwide like Featherlite and Sundowner due to their long history. Is it better than a Featherlite? Probably not, but does Featherlite offer something like the Elevation model for cheaper or close to the same than a Elevation? No. I could say the same for the Sundowner too. Really, it all boils down to dealer support in your area and what brands are available to access locally. Some care about that. Some don't and go off remote support from 1,000 plus miles away.

Now as far as Logan or Trails West go, they are both different builds with different materials, design, functionality and price point obviously would reflect that. I have looked them over real good in person but at the time dealer support was too far away to really consider them. I would not touch a Trails West due to their limited functionality. I would definitely use a Logan but I will have to get used to their heavier trailer due to galvanized steel material but I know I would be able to get the same functionality as I get with my Elevation. And I do believe when it comes to complete build between the Elevation, Logan, and Trails West and what comes with, the Logan definitely offer the better complete package out of the 3.

Fearless Catman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
The Sheyenne River Valley of ND
I think Logan is a great trailer ... out of my price range.

Any opinions on
Haulmark
TrailsWest
Charmac
Double J
Mirage
High Country
Mission.

Im looking for my first Gooseneck ... Was looking used but not many around.

Look at my above post about my Mission Elevation model GN. High Country and Mission is built at the same plant and I honestly think they should run only one line because both are real identical in the builds except stickers slapped on them.

I've had 2 Mirages and they have been good to me but I feel their GN model has room for improvement before I would consider one.
I've had a Haulmark...plenty of options there . Probably the cheapest GN you can find new and used with a lot of features if you looked around but I would not touch one as I consider them to be suited for entry level users.

Last edited:

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
I have the 42' Mission Elevation GN. I ordered it 4 feet longer with 1 ft taller interior and AC plus a host of other useful features beyond standard build. It is light obviously due to all aluminum frame. It weights around 6000-6500# empty and tows like a dream. I plan to verify the actual weight shortly and go from there. Have hauled a car and golf cart, side by sides, and 5 sleds. I've towed it in all kinds of weather and it really is a dream to tow. Love the versality of the fact I can haul anything that would fit in there rather than have 2-3 other trailers laying around for their respective uses when one will do ALL. They are obviously in the upper tier of the price range for its useful uses and I do believe in you get what you pay for. I've worked my way up from the cheap steel brand names and aluminum brand names and I have to say this trailer is a step up from what I have used or been around. I've had deck overs, inlines, and in between(8.5/8 wides) I've come to love the in betweens. I quit being the guy trying to get the best mpg or the best "sleek profile" trailer so I can get to the mountains and off or to and from places as fast I can thru nasty/beautiful weather. I realized you live life once and its pointless to sacrifice features and functionality so I went all out and boy am I glad. I still go wherever I want to whenever I want to and still can do fast also but obviously mpg suffers but who cares. I'm enjoying life. Nationwide big name brands in aluminum is Featherlite and Sundowner so I will use those two for reference. I know there is a couple more other big names like ATC and INTECH but I feel they are not in greater numbers nationwide like Featherlite and Sundowner due to their long history. Is it better than a Featherlite? Probably not, but does Featherlite offer something like the Elevation model for cheaper or close to the same than a Elevation? No. I could say the same for the Sundowner too. Really, it all boils down to dealer support in your area and what brands are available to access locally. Some care about that. Some don't and go off remote support from 1,000 plus miles away.

Now as far as Logan or Trails West go, they are both different builds with different materials, design, functionality and price point obviously would reflect that. I have looked them over real good in person but at the time dealer support was too far away to really consider them. I would not touch a Trails West due to their limited functionality. I would definitely use a Logan but I will have to get used to their heavier trailer due to galvanized steel material but I know I would be able to get the same functionality as I get with my Elevation. And I do believe when it comes to complete build between the Elevation, Logan, and Trails West and what comes with, the Logan definitely offer the better complete package out of the 3.
Do u have any pic of the inside of your trailer? I currently have a 29' mission bumper pull and am looking at building a mission gooseneck.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Crash1

Premium Member
Jan 27, 2015
Harbor Springs, Mi
Look at my above post about my Mission Elevation model GN. High Country and Mission is built at the same plant and I honestly think they should run only one line because both are real identical in the builds except stickers slapped on them.

I've had 2 Mirages and they have been good to me but I feel their GN model has room for improvement before I would consider one.
I've had a Haulmark...plenty of options there . Probably the cheapest GN you can find new and used with a lot of features if you looked around but I would not touch one as I consider them to be suited for entry level users.
Looking to order a custom 26’ Logan horse power BP lowered 6”, so would have small narrow fender wells inside. Stock is just too high for me, ramp is too steep for loading SxS’s. Any comments welcome.

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
Looking to order a custom 26’ Logan horse power BP lowered 6”, so would have small narrow fender wells inside. Stock is just too high for me, ramp is too steep for loading SxS’s. Any comments welcome.
I can see it for the wind drag being so tall... But With the Caliber Low Pro Grip Glides on the door SxS go right into our Logan bumper pull.

Caliber Truck and Trailer.jpg

Premium Features