• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trails near Denver avoiding I-70

V
Jan 8, 2020
New sled owner. Looking for some trail ideas without dealing with I-70 traffic. Rampart Range? West of Boulder? West of Fort Collins? Looking for day trip ideas to get some practice and learn how my new ride handles so steep and deep or trees are not in my near future (and practicing how to get unstuck,LOL). Thank you.

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
Check out the Colorado State Snowmobile Association website -- snowmobilecolorado.com -- for information on areas. I think opportunities on the east slope are pretty limited. There is some riding west of Fort Collins, eg Red Feather area but I have never tried it.
Haven't heard of much riding between Denver & Colorado Springs, or off the 285 corridor-- lots of private land, lower snow accumulation. Look for US Forest Service lands, and check for any specific motorized travel restrictions. Colorado State land is generally "stay on the road" if allowed at all, but the rules might be different area by area.

Premium Features