• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TRAILER QUESTION: Which do you prefer and WHY? Trailswest or Logan Coach???

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Mine was stock body height.

Builder says he had more time in getting computers to play nice than body swap.

Everything was as factory except rear window wiper as truck has none. It was jumped into front wiper.

Burb was 40k mile auction purchase, Truck was gooseneck jackknife across cab, no frame or drive train damage at 30k miles.

Pretty fun toy.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
Same wheelbase?

I had a fella from MinniConsin somewhere stop and pick up a few drums of chemicals that I was selling a few years ago, and he showed up with a dually 'Burban, just like in the movie Twister.
I'm sure that it is a great tow vehicle (and they hit a sales tour every weekend for their business) and it really looked kewl, until you open the rear doors, and these wedges are stuck to the door that match up to the dually flares.

I will try to find a pic.
I think I have one somewhere, but it is likely on a card that likes to freeze up my 'putor.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
To keep with the trailer theme of this thread - this guy had just come down to Elkhart, Indiana to pick up this new trailer. Elkhart and surrounding area is the RV capitol of the world.
Not sure what flavor trailer this is tho.

He's not using it as a sledding trailer, although it has the front door...

DSCN1675.JPGDSCN1676.JPG

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Have 2022 20' Trails West Burant.

Its been awesome.

Minor gripes..
- When running the heater there is nowhere for the condensation to go and ends up all over the walls and ceiling then turns to frost, maybe I don't run it long enough... not sure.. I think some of them have a powered ceiling fan as an option to deal with that mine does not.

- The rear door constantly gets frozen shut from the weather, and I have to bang my shoulder into it from the inside to get it started so the motor can open it. Only happens when its been sitting in the weather for awhile, and once i pop it loose its fine.

Other than that its been awesome.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Mine are reversible and multi speed.
I pull air in front and push out back on slowest speed. Cool air incoming blends with hot air up front and helps move it to the rear of trailer for a warmer overall temp instead of hot front cold rear.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
I didn't order mine I bought one that wasn't built yet from a dealer and I picked it up at the factory in idaho so I got whatever options it had.( was closer than colorado where I bought it ). Or I would have ordered the powered fan. Might have to upgrade my roof vent to the power fan.

Thanks. Anyway that's my only super minor complaint. I love the trailer. My Can Am Mavick X3 turbo( 2 seater ) fits in it too in the summer which is nice.

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
never did hit a scale, was too busy tryin to get to riding.

i carry a box fan and when we stop for the night and the heaters are going the fan gets set on the floor in the back to help circulate air

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
never did hit a scale, was too busy tryin to get to riding.

i carry a box fan and when we stop for the night and the heaters are going the fan gets set on the floor in the back to help circulate air
but one way or the other, you still need to get the MOISTURE OUT of the trailer.
Otherwise its just a steam bath inside.

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
but one way or the other, you still need to get the MOISTURE OUT of the trailer.
Otherwise its just a steam bath inside.
i guess i forgot to say, i always have the front ceiling fan pulling in and the rear ceiling fan blowing out, with the box fan on the floor and the hot dogger going it bakes the trailer out easy

Premium Features