• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TRAIL TANK

R

RStedman99

Oct 26, 2016
Minnesota
I have a 2009 Nytro and I am looking at putting the Trail Tank on it. I have the Skinz seat on it currently and was wondering if you are able to run the trail tank with the Skinz seat

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Honestly I did not have a good experience with the trail tank on my Nytro. It fit, but it took a lot of work to get it lined up. I had to drill extra holes for the hood screws, and it left big gaps on either side where the plastics no longer lined up correctly. You also lose your fuel gauge, so you always have to open the tank and guess at how much you have. In addition to that if I filled up too far it would syphon off the top of the fuel due to the vent location.

Unless the design changed, the fit and finish was very poor on the one I had. I needed it for the boondocker setup I had, but otherwise I would have just ran the stock tank and hauled an extra 2 gallons of fuel on the back.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
After reading Chris's thread, I must have had a first generation trail tank. I know the run that I had was made with a scoop in the bottom to clear a front mount turbo. My kit was a boondocker, which has been discontinued for a few years for good reason.

Looks like the issues got sorted out though, happy trails!

maxeater

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
GF MT
bought sled with a trail tank how full do u fill the tank stock tank had a collar u filled

to do u fill the trail all the way up to the top

Premium Features