• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trail ride comparison 13 pro 163 vs 20 850 163

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Hey guys hoping someone can help with a comparison of stock shocks and suspension from 2013 to 2019/20.

I already know about aftermarket shocks/suspension, looking to hear real experience of ride quality stock for stock 13 vs 19/20 and what the actual ride quality is like on trail. Obviously ride off trail but have to ride the nasty to get to the goods.

Thanks for the help

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I have had a 13,14,15,16 and now a 19. The RMK's have slightly got a better ride as the years have gone by but it's still not near the ride of the G4 or newer Cats. They are more designed to handle rather than for a cushy ride. I only buy the piggy-back shocks now as I like to adjust them for the conditions and they do ride a bit better than the basic shocks.

Not sure if that helps?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Hey guys hoping someone can help with a comparison of stock shocks and suspension from 2013 to 2019/20.

I already know about aftermarket shocks/suspension, looking to hear real experience of ride quality stock for stock 13 vs 19/20 and what the actual ride quality is like on trail. Obviously ride off trail but have to ride the nasty to get to the goods.

Thanks for the help
Crappy in 2013... Crappy in 2019.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Mono tube walkers (base) - Not great. Not bad, just dont plan on hauling over big whoops. They do tend to come preloaded rather soft which doesn't help. Stiffening the springs some tends to help a bit.

WE Clickers (upgrade) - Pretty solid shock for the money, able to set up some stiffer compression for a more aggressive riding style, still a long way from aftermarket level.

WE Velocity 2 (Khaos shocks) - Damn impressive for a stock shock, very cool to see this shock in an OEM sled. But if you didn't snowcheck one, you wont be riding on them.

Stock upgrade options.

Fox - The burandt edition air stuff rides rather well and has a good valve package, also, IMO their newer QS3R coil shocks are a solid offering and worth giving a shot if your looking at upgrading. only downside is its generic valving.

Z-broz - lots of good options, and they come custom built for you.

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Thanks all for the comments! I was hoping things had improved stock for stock, sounds like there were only marginal improvements. Elected to go with the *cough cheapest monotubes to save some money up front for possibly doing suspension upgrades later on. I was hoping stock monotubes would be decent, obviously they'll never compare to any of the high end aftermarket...

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
If you didn't snowcheck a Khaos, there is another option to get the Walker Evans Velocity shocks.

Carls Cycles in Boise Idaho (208-853-5550) has them for sale. All but the front track shock will fit the 2019 & 2020 sleds. They come re-valved to Carls specs. Very nice upgrade . . . so i hear :)

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
If you didn't snowcheck a Khaos, there is another option to get the Walker Evans Velocity shocks.

Carls Cycles in Boise Idaho (208-853-5550) has them for sale. All but the front track shock will fit the 2019 & 2020 sleds. They come re-valved to Carls specs. Very nice upgrade . . . so i hear :)

Curious what the velocity shocks are gonna run a guy! Hoping they aren't too bad as it is a GREAT shock package and im sure with some carls TLC its gonna be better yet

Premium Features