• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trail Cooling on SLASH - How will it do?

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Put 30 miles on a 2022 Khaos Matryx Slash 155 this evening. When I was heading out a late model 850 Doo was on the side of the trail overheated with scratchers down. Figured this was going to be a good test day. On my way back to the truck on the trail the sled ran 127 degrees. I’m no longer concerned with Slash cooling.
What's with all the snow buildup on the back end of the tunnel? Polaris apparently bs'ing about how no snow builds up on the rear of the tunnel. This is way worse than my 2020 850

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Here’s a pic of the cooler on the Khaos Slash 146 as well as a top view. Basically the heat exchanger runs to where the wire way rib on the top view disappears. Should be tons of cooling being about a foot of additional cooling past the end of the tank/seat area.

This is only in regards to the 146 though. The longer models have the cooler stopping at the back of the seat I believe.

Notice the cracked plastic on the bracket that goes right behind the seat?

That thing needs to be aluminum.

A20863C1-E7DF-4BC7-81F4-448963C92CCC.jpeg

Typical Polaris accessories.

Easy to use then broken and in the trash after one year.

Disposable.

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
Notice the cracked plastic on the bracket that goes right behind the seat?

I've seen about six or seven 2022s now, and every one of them had the same crack. I think they were even all on the left side. Maybe Polaris moved the guy on the line from 2019 PTO bearings to just driving that left nut all day, and he's giving it a little extra to prove a point.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
What's with all the snow buildup on the back end of the tunnel? Polaris apparently bs'ing about how no snow builds up on the rear of the tunnel. This is way worse than my 2020 850
Keep in mind that was Tahoe coastal snow versus super dry pow of the continental divide or Rockies.

Premium Features