• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track Vibration on '19 Summit 850 SP, 154/3"

C
Jan 16, 2016
I just bought a used '19 summit SP with 230 miles on it and have noticed a track vibration of some sort when descending down hills in powder and at lower RPMs (5K-ish). I have read several threads on this forum and others that have a range of suggestions. I loosened my track, which seemed tight, aligned the track and tightened up the chain tensioner a bit bc it seemed a bit loose as well.

I jacked the sled up and looked at the track, tunnel, rails and driver real good and noticed some wear marks on the front left rail, and some of the cogs have some scuffing marks.

Does anyone recognize these problems? Am I on the right track to fixing it? Gonna take it out this week to see if track changes help but wanted to check with Snow West to see if anyone has any other advice. Thank you

IMG_3372.jpgIMG_3375.JPG??

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Mine's been dooing that for three years. Almost 2K miles of smiles... I got past it pretty quick

C
Jan 16, 2016
Yes, my drivers look worse than yours. Like I said though, it's been doing it since day 1.
Right on, thank you for the input. I guess I'll just deal with it. The sled kicks ass and performs great, the sound and feeling is just unsettling but sounds like its par for the course.

Blainelukens

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 18, 2010
Bozeman, MT
My 19 does make way more track noise than my t3 xm ever did, honestly when I put my Elka shocks on I re tightened the track a bit looser than stock and it seems to make less rubbing sound. Not sure if the stiffer shocks or the track being less tight helped

C
Jan 16, 2016
My 19 does make way more track noise than my t3 xm ever did, honestly when I put my Elka shocks on I re tightened the track a bit looser than stock and it seems to make less rubbing sound. Not sure if the stiffer shocks or the track being less tight helped
+1 Blainelukens.....I rode this week and the vibration has been drastically reduced. My track was much tighter than spec so I loosened it up and tightened the chain a bit and voila, 90% better.

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
154/3.5 = 44 lugs. No of teeth on drivers =6. Track clipped every second window. So you have a set of extrovert teeth on your drivers that never engage the track!!!

As my drivers wore down I decided to skip my track ahead one tooth to start wearing on those "unused" teeth. It definitely helped but the vib's never really go away.

OTM

Premium Features