• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track suggestions

Oct 23, 2019
Track is junk: 153" x 3" power claw, very low miles.
Trim and run it?
Also, Looking for suggestions on replacements, High HP boosted sled, Wyo/Colo snow conditions

track2.jpg track.jpg

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
If you want to still use it, I would use some E6000 to glue the flap down and also smear it over the exposed cords. Clamp the flap down for a day or more after gluing. It it doesn't hold, trim it off and smear some more E6000 over the area. There may be another adhesive or coating which works too.

B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC
That's a great track, not much to upgrade too. I would try and glue it. Cover all the fabric with glue to try and seal it from moisture intrusion. For the flap glue both sides and let dry for a minute then press together and clamp.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
i dont know what the e6000 glue is and it may be the perfect stuff, tire patch glue may work well also. if there was a type of heavy duty staple you could use to hold the front of the flap down as long as it wouldnt hit on anything

Oct 23, 2019
I was thinking windshield urethane, but according to the packaging, that E6000 is supposedly stronger. Thanks for the suggestions!

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
maybe you could put a short bolt with washers through the loose part to hold it down, that or a stud. along with covering it all with glue. maybe flex seal makes something good.

Oct 23, 2019
maybe you could put a short bolt with washers through the loose part to hold it down, that or a stud. along with covering it all with glue. maybe flex seal makes something good.
Absolutely! I was thinking of installing a stud there with backing plate to help hold things together. I'm still pretty nervous that the belts are damaged, but it will either hold together for a while or fail. I'm not out anything for trying. Thanks for your thoughts!

Premium Features