• I am getting worn out moving your "For sale" threads, including loosely veiled sales pitches for "How much is it worth) or Wanted to buy to the swapmeet.

I will no longer be moving them for you as I have been in the past.

Some days are 20 per day.

If I see it, it will get deleted.

I try to help you...please try to help me.

Thanks.
  • I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

Track Extension 1999 RMK 700

hammered

Dec 7, 2007
Issaquah, WA.
A real common length back in the mid 2000's was to put a 151" under that sled ('97-02 700 RMK)...all it took was a 151" track, rail extensions, a tunnel extension, longer coolant hoses (only for '00-02 sleds), and a some rivets and/or small bolt/nut combos to attach the tunnel extension. You could even reuse your rear bumper. It was a 4 hour job (some guys could do it in a couple hours and some would take 8) and the cost was very reasonable. In my opinion, this is the best balance of track length with simplicity of installation. Plus the horsepower of the 700 motor makes the stock chaincase gearing just fine.

I did this to a '97 700 RMK (which I have since given to buddy) and a '98 700 RMK that I still have around with exactly that combination (except the hoods are the wedge style as opposed to the gen2 of your '99).

I also have a '00 800 RMK (very similar to your '99) that I run stock Polaris 151" rails (from a '01-02 RMK) and set back the rear suspension roughly 4" to run a 159" track. The work I did to the '00 is quite a bit more involved than had I just put the 151" under it but I like it so much it is still my backup sled.

A used 151"x2" track is reasonably priced as are the rail and track extensions. If you are a savvy buyer you should be able pick up the used package for under $500.

Hammered

Jan 15, 2017
99 rmk 700 with 159 track

I did a 1999 Polaris RMK 700 suspension mod from 136 to a 159.

I used the track and skid from an rmk 900 and with 7 tooth drivers was able to use the original front mounting hole for the front of the skid.

Then with a tunnel extension and some fabrication for a new rear mounting bracket I was set.

I left the gearing in the chain case stock and it will almost out climb my 09 dragon 800 with a 163.

It does still lack a little power for such a long track but as it sits it is very impressive.

If anyone wants pics just let me know.

Premium Features