• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tps issues

H
Mar 25, 2019
Anybody have proplems with there Tps, one of our 2019 rmk 850's couldn't get going in the mountains today, when we pushed on the throttle it would rev up to about 3200 rpm and then stay there, it would seem to hit the rev limiter or something like that. We had a hell of a time getting that sucker out of there. The day before the throtle had a tendency of sticking, the snow was wet and it got a little colder by the end of the day, got back to the truck without any problems.

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
Saw this happen to three 2019 850’s last year. There is a factory soldered splice to extend the length of wire going to the harness. That brittle splice gets kinked and cracks causing the tss to go out (flashing the code you have). The 800 tss wire was shorter than the 850 wire. The harness bundle is in a different spot. You can feel the splice under the nylon sheath and check it. My 2020 850 has a full length with no splice unlike my 2019 850.

So in the three 850’s I saw, gutting the stock tss wouldn’t fix it. The tss bypass made by @Perk did work though.

I agree that the bypass and a good tether is the way to go!

T
Mar 30, 2010
Throttle Release Signal 520194 3 P1555 ON This Trouble Code Sets if the Throttle Release Switch Signal is Open Circuit or Shorted to Battery Voltage. Can be caused by Damaged Wiring/Connections, a Faulty Throttle Safety Switch or ECU

H
Mar 25, 2019
Found the culprit, one of the wires was cut clean. I find that strange because it is wraped in a nylon material. Plus that nylon webing materiel was pretty tuff to cut. Spliced the wire back together and it runs fine. I will still be getting the tss bypass, i ordered one from @Perk

20200127_093630.jpg

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Found the culprit, one of the wires was cut clean. I find that strange because it is wraped in a nylon material. Plus that nylon webing materiel was pretty tuff to cut. Spliced the wire back together and it runs fine. I will still be getting the tss bypass, i ordered one from @Perk
My wire was cut clean near the steering post , take out the switch, solder the wires , tape the button closed and ball it up and store it in the left side bag and run a tethor.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
How TF are these wires coming from the factory cut in half?
I don't know, but mine was broken just below a factory splice , pretty disappointing with the lack of quality in the wiring, by chance I'm experienced with pol sled, I know how thier built, and I saved myself a chopper bill over something so simple.

Premium Features