• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

TPS faulty?

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
I've been trying to test or adjust a tps that has been giving me trouble. The sled is inconsistent and often sounds like it's bogging out. When testing baseline, throttle cable disconnected and adjustment screw backed off, I get inconsistent MVs. The values jump all over and occasionally say overload. I haven't even begun to loosen the tps or try the throttle range since I can't get it to read anything close to normal. Is this a symptom of a bad tps or is my fluke meter going crazy?

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
When it runs it will go into reverse most of the time.

I applied 12v to the ecu plug. It's possible I'm not getting good connection at the back probe. I'm using sewing needles for back probing.

Last edited:

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
Sounds like your not making a connection with your Fluke. Do you have 12v applied to the correct lead? Will your sled go into reverse?

you were correct. i was backprobing the opposite side of the connector. for whatever reason, after moving to the proximal side of the connector i was getting solid readings from the fluke DMM. turns out the TPS is operating normally and all i did was check it and reset the idle. not sure what the value was at idle before but it's .940 now. next chance i get to work on it i'll be scoping the intake to see what the reeds look like. i have about 3,400 miles on the original set, so i'm guessing it's time to change them anyhow.

thanks again for the help

Premium Features