• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TPS adjustment - too much voltage - bad tps?

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
Adjusting my tps. Sled is overfueling.

I’m getting full voltage (12.55) on both the wires instead of the 5.00v and .700v.
Does this mean my TPS is bad or ?

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
I was right, it was the harness(again)

Any reason why I can’t run the idle higher then .940v? With .940 I only get 1400 cold and 1600 warm so it’s still a little low. Base is set dead on at .7.

P
May 2, 2008
Breckenridge, Co.
I was right, it was the harness(again)

Any reason why I can’t run the idle higher then .940v? With .940 I only get 1400 cold and 1600 warm so it’s still a little low. Base is set dead on at .7.
A tip someone gave me on FB; Set idle to desired RPM (1700+/- 200 RPM) then set your TPS to read .940. I did this and so far it seems to have worked well. Idles better cold and reverse works better. Ill test more this weekend. It is a apparently suggested by polaris directly for sleds that have idle issues. Mine has never idled cold since new and would still not idle with the .700/.940 TPS setting. Even warm it did not like to idle. I think it may be a BD turbo thing too.

On that note, if you go much above .950 it will not go into reverse and the ECM will not like it. I tried this and did not get favorable results. So far the best results are as said above.

To make the idle adjustment easier, you could also get a mikuni late model KTM 300/250 carb idle adjustment screw, cut the tip off, install a spring, and replace that PITA idle screw polaris put in. I will also be testing this over the weekend to see if it is affected by vibration. I will do a write up on it with part numbers if it works out well.

Last edited:
Premium Features