• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

TPS adjustment - too much voltage - bad tps?

Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
I was right, it was the harness(again)

Any reason why I can’t run the idle higher then .940v? With .940 I only get 1400 cold and 1600 warm so it’s still a little low. Base is set dead on at .7.

I was right, it was the harness(again)

Any reason why I can’t run the idle higher then .940v? With .940 I only get 1400 cold and 1600 warm so it’s still a little low. Base is set dead on at .7.
A tip someone gave me on FB; Set idle to desired RPM (1700+/- 200 RPM) then set your TPS to read .940. I did this and so far it seems to have worked well. Idles better cold and reverse works better. Ill test more this weekend. It is a apparently suggested by polaris directly for sleds that have idle issues. Mine has never idled cold since new and would still not idle with the .700/.940 TPS setting. Even warm it did not like to idle. I think it may be a BD turbo thing too.

On that note, if you go much above .950 it will not go into reverse and the ECM will not like it. I tried this and did not get favorable results. So far the best results are as said above.

To make the idle adjustment easier, you could also get a mikuni late model KTM 300/250 carb idle adjustment screw, cut the tip off, install a spring, and replace that PITA idle screw polaris put in. I will also be testing this over the weekend to see if it is affected by vibration. I will do a write up on it with part numbers if it works out well.

Last edited:
Premium Features