• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Torsion Spring Delete Kit? Long Winded.

R
Dec 28, 2010
Basin WY
I have a toms e-motion kit for sale if anyone is interested,,,Toms E-motion Rear Suspension for Skidoo xm 2013-2017 or Gen 4 summits, fits track lengths, 146, 154, 163, 165,,, DOES NOT FIT 174-175 tracks,,, it includes all components to do the swap and remove torsion springs, and instructions, Has the Fox Float 3 Evol shocks with adjustment,, good condition, no nicks or scratches on shocks, $850 Shipped to lower 48 states, Im located in Basin WY (1 hour from bear lodge on the bighorns) call or text 307-272-3992 i have paypal alsoDSCF0655.JPG

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
FWIW, I spent the money on a Zbros coilover conversion and did not think it was worth the $750 I spent on it vs without it. Upgraded suspension (fox coilover), proper setup and different skis/ski rubbers (mowhawks) + time riding are the ticket for me. Do I think the torsion springs are the best way to go? No, but it's still functional enough to get in the gnar.

Y
Apr 22, 2008
FWIW, I spent the money on a Zbros coilover conversion and did not think it was worth the $750 I spent on it vs without it. Upgraded suspension (fox coilover), proper setup and different skis/ski rubbers (mowhawks) + time riding are the ticket for me. Do I think the torsion springs are the best way to go? No, but it's still functional enough to get in the gnar.
May I ask what ski rubbers you used with the Mohawks? I think they are better than the original skis but the durapros with original skis is better all around...

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
May I ask what ski rubbers you used with the Mohawks? I think they are better than the original skis but the durapros with original skis is better all around...
buddy I answered this same question of yours on a different sub 3 days ago. The SLP rubbers. I've emailed durapro about something for the mowhawks and nothing yet.

Y
Apr 22, 2008
buddy I answered this same question of yours on a different sub 3 days ago. The SLP rubbers. I've emailed durapro about something for the mowhawks and nothing yet.
Oops, sorry didn't remember your nickname ?. I may try to modify the slp ski saddles instead. Welding a pocket for the rubber to fit in. May need to either cut the tabs on the underside of the rubber or machine the slp saddle.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt

SLP changed the Mohawk ski rubber a season or 2 ago, the new design is way stiffer and durable. I think they have it dialed. Durapro is over rated, they fail or wear out after half a season. Yes i have my skis centered and had them centered when I used the durapro. Save your money. If your sticking with the stock ski just get the new expert ski rubber. Think they are like $9 each

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
SLP changed the Mohawk ski rubber a season or 2 ago, the new design is way stiffer and durable. I think they have it dialed. Durapro is over rated, they fail or wear out after half a season. Yes i have my skis centered and had them centered when I used the durapro. Save your money. If your sticking with the stock ski just get the new expert ski rubber. Think they are like $9 each

Munster bushing savers are the best option. I still had to put them in with the expert spindles, and the new bushing.

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
Oops, sorry didn't remember your nickname ?. I may try to modify the slp ski saddles instead. Welding a pocket for the rubber to fit in. May need to either cut the tabs on the underside of the rubber or machine the slp saddle.
If you do any modifications, post a write up on it. What you thought worked and didn't.

Premium Features