• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Toms shocks

K
Jan 5, 2011
Anyone running the Toms shocks torsion delete setup on their 850? If so how do you like it? Is it worth the $$$?

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
It works very well. Have been running a version of it for years. Will continue to run it.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Sled is trenching really bad. Is there adjustment on the rear arm a can do for more ski pressure?

Tom’s skid gets up on top of the snow better than stock IMO. Yes there is an adjustment at the rear arm. You can adjust the length of the heim joint. Also just having the ability to add more air gives you instant ability to adjust suspension transfer. And his new kits, if you go premium give you the lock out which is amazing.

This year I went with the IQS and the instant ability to change compression settings is awesome, but I wish we have IQS Float with Tom’s rear skid. That would be amazing.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Give us more details. How much do you weigh w/ gear? What hole do you have the limiter strap in? What is the track length? How much air are you running in front track shock and how much main chamber rear shock? So many variables that can cause your problem.

K
Jan 5, 2011
Probably 205lbs with gear. 165 track. I set the pressure at the recommendation in the instructions, 60 psi center shock, 120 psi rear shock main chamber, 200 psi in EVOL. I am not at the sled to give what hole the limiter is in, but if I remember correctly I tightened it one spot from where it was set from skidoo. It’s a 2018. I’ve emailed Toms but haven’t heard back.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
I would try limiter in stock or even one out from stock (hole #2), less air in front track shock (like 48-50lbs). This will give you more front arm travel, less air will allow the front track shock to compress easier when trying to get up on the snow. If you are getting to much ski lift you can add air to main rear. You could probably use a little less evol pressure as well.

Premium Features