• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Togwotee to Island park - worth it?

Z
Dec 10, 2007
Loveland CO
Hey, buddy has always been talking about riding from Togwotee to Island park. Has anyone done it recently? Is it worth it or just a bunch of trail riding? Any suggestions / issues we should be aware of? Thanks, z

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Hey, buddy has always been talking about riding from Togwotee to Island park. Has anyone done it recently? Is it worth it or just a bunch of trail riding? Any suggestions / issues we should be aware of? Thanks, z
Is that even a DOABLE RIDE?
Is there a route that can even be followed in the winter when the National Park locks down sled travel????

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
You fruitcakes are talking about trail riding on a mountain forum.
Maybe y’all should take a trip to Minnesota and get the trail out of your system.haha

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
You fruitcakes are talking about trail riding on a mountain forum.
Maybe y’all should take a trip to Minnesota and get the trail out of your system.haha
now now now.
Every trail in this corner of the world LEADS you to off trail opportunities.
Once upon a time, many long years ago, Yellowstone was know for amazing riding.
I can only IMAGINE the riding opportunities that lay in that park if we were allowed to partake of them...

Golanda

Lifetime Membership
Aug 18, 2015
Bozeman Mt & Pinedale WY
You can go up Jackson Lake on a snowmobile to fish. Someone in your party needs a fishing license, a pocket pole and an axes to chop a hole in the ice. Nothing says you have to come back the way you started.

MI1M600EFI

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2008
Mancos, CO
now now now.
Every trail in this corner of the world LEADS you to off trail opportunities.
Once upon a time, many long years ago, Yellowstone was know for amazing riding.
I can only IMAGINE the riding opportunities that lay in that park if we were allowed to partake of them...

?? I still ride Yellowstone, and I still think it's one of the more amazing places to ride. I miss being able to ride in the park on my own and see the sights, but there are plenty of places outside the park to get good and tired from a day of hard riding!!! (oops, was I not supposed to say anything about Yellowstone?) ;)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
?? I still ride Yellowstone, and I still think it's one of the more amazing places to ride. I miss being able to ride in the park on my own and see the sights, but there are plenty of places outside the park to get good and tired from a day of hard riding!!! (oops, was I not supposed to say anything about Yellowstone?) ;)

While I never had the opportunity my dad retails me with tails of open riding Inside the park decades ago..

MI1M600EFI

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2008
Mancos, CO
While I never had the opportunity my dad retails me with tails of open riding Inside the park decades ago..
We rode the park a few times in the early 2000's. I didn't see any of the supposed "problems" they were reacting to when they put the ban in place...

Really put a damper on the towns winter business too...

We still go there every few years. Love riding Cabin Creek, Lions Head, Two Tops, Teepee Creek... Happy to bring some winter business to town too!!

Sent from my ADR1776 using Tapatalk

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
First time I rode the park itself was 84. No offtrail, and speed limits everywhere, radar enforced, 25 or 35. Would be amazing riding with today's sleds; sleds from the 60's, 70's, 80's, would be as limited there as they were everywhere else back then. You could spend all day getting up Buck Ridge or the beaver slide in Carrot if the snow wasn't setup some or there was no track to poach. Yeah, it was fun, but the ease of access to terrain with today's stock sleds in deep pow was only a dream, and there's no way you would motor around wherever you wanted on a 0.75 lug until the snow was setup or less than 12 fresh. The good ole days are today.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
The first time I went through was the winter of 83. We rode from Pahaska Teepee to West and back. I know there wasn’t off trail then because my Dad got a 50 dollar ticket for being about 20 ft off the trail. 30 years ago this winter my oldest daughter and I rode double from West to Old Faithful and back on an Exciter. She was 2. I miss being able to go in there. I should go back, but the idea of renting sleds and hiring a guide burns me.

Premium Features