• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TKI Kit Question to convert SKS from Chain to Belt

S
Jan 30, 2019
Hey Guys. I have a 2020 850 SKS 155 (non turbo) with a 2.6 track and looking at ditching the chain case for a TKI drive. What are people gearing these to with the Chain Case conversion kit? For some reason I have about 2.1 in my head and that appears to be the ration shown on the non chain case tki kit. It looks like it has a 58 tooth bottom gear so I am looking at a 27T or 28T. Any thoughts? 58/27=2.15 and 58/28=2.07. Thanks.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Depends on where you ride... does the SKS have 7 tooth or 8 tooth drivers? That factors in to it too. With the Pro-ride and 8 tooth 2.86 pitch drivers, 2.3 was about right. For mountain riding. But there is a LOT of info in snowest forums on gearing and opinions, and again depending on your primary riding area / style / elevation too. Google search works better in general than a forum search, adding the string site:www.snowest.com to the end of your search (example: "Axys geardown site:www.snowest.com"

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
What are the gears in the SKS chain case with the 2.6” track? Teeth count?

Premium Features